Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 24, 2012
6:07:06 AM
View profile
Help. Me. Please.
Edited by Taylarie on May 24, 2012 at 6:18:09 AM

I hate wasting my time with tech support on att. When i do, they are too dumb to understand my problem. Im trying to play online on my xbox360 / ps3 and the gameplay is completely unplayable. I can't stand speaking to a representative who know so much less than me about internet connection, it's aggravating. My connection use to be fine a year ago, then i don't know what happened. 1 example of this is that ive tried 3 brand new modems that can not sinc to the proper speeds im suppose to be getting (express package) which sync at below 200kbps and i can not connect online. The only modem my att line can handle is the 2wire 2701-G which syncs at full speed. The only problem with that is that i've heard that this specific modem lies about its statistics/ or increases them somehow, which is one of the many reasons i blame my internet phone line. Around 3months ago every modem i had synced at full speed but i still had problems. If any of you play any game that requires quick timing you would know how irritating it gets to get no registration to anything you do. I simply can not deal with the crappy service att provides. Their representitives have no knowledge whatsoever about anything related to connection. All they know is the basics which COMPLETELY IRRITATES me to a point where i just gave up on them. I haven't called them in like 3 months because i feel like im talking to a rock. The technician they have sent around 4x is so STUPID (sorry im pretty mad). The guy does not even know what MTU is, much less understand my issue. Everytime i call att, the answering machine does some tests and says i have faulty lines. When i get in touch with a live rep, they do some tests and find nothing wrong with my line. I tell these people that i bought 3 BRAND NEW MODEMS that CANNOT SYNC TO THE SPEED PACKAGE IM SUPPOSE TO BE HAVING. THESE {keep it courteous} TELL ME WHAT THE SPEED IM SYNCING TO IS, AND I SAY AROUND 300kbps!!! They say is it ok to have these sync speeds, but these complete tools do NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SYNC SPEEDS AND ACTUAL SPEEDS. I tried explaining this for over an hour an just gave up since then. Can someone knowlegable please help me with this issue? Understand where im coming from, iv'e tried solving this issue for more than 7 months, but AT&T is useless. As soon as my contract ends, im getting cable so i won't have to deal with such trash service. As i may have said before, i am trying to replace these lines i have, because i KNOW FOR A FACT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEM. Long story short, i opened the phone jack in my wall, dusted off/straightened the lines and BAM my download and upload noise margins increased by 10dB EACH! So please, someone help me with my issue, because my connection worked FLAWLESSLY untill last year. My thoughts are something happened overtime that increased line attenuation and decreased my Noise Margins. Also, my download and upload attentuation differ GREATLY, which makes me think something has to be wrong with my line. My download attenuation varies from 62.9 dB to 65dB and my upload attentuation has never moved from 31.5 dB. Here are some stats

DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair)
Downstream Rate Cap: 1536 kbps
Downstream Atten. at 300kHz: 64.4 dB
Uncancelled Echo: -21.5 dB Ok
VCXO Frequency Offset: -44.7 ppm Ok
Final Rx Gain: 28.3 dB Ok
Impulse Noise Comp. Tones: 0 Ok
Excessive Impulse Noise: 0 Ok
Impulse noise protection:          0.00

Delay of latency path:         

0.25 ms

Line 1 (inner pair)
Protocol: G.DMT Annex A
Downstream Rate: 1536 kbps                 
Upstream Rate: 384 kbps                 
Channel: Fast
Current Noise Margin: 12.0 dB (Downstream) 17.0 dB (Upstream)
Current Attenuation: 63.0 dB (Downstream) 31.5 dB (Upstream)
Current Output Power: 16.3 dBm (Downstream) 11.9 dBm (Upstream)
DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {0x0F} Vendor: {ALCB} Specific: {0x00}
PVC Info: 0/35

I hate wasting my time with tech support on att. When i do, they are too dumb to understand my problem. Im trying to play online on my xbox360 / ps3 and the gameplay is completely unplayable. I can't stand speaking to a representative who know so much less than me about internet connection, it's aggravating. My connection use to be fine a year ago, then i don't know what happened. 1 example of this is that ive tried 3 brand new modems that can not sinc to the proper speeds im suppose to be getting (express package) which sync at below 200kbps and i can not connect online. The only modem my att line can handle is the 2wire 2701-G which syncs at full speed. The only problem with that is that i've heard that this specific modem lies about its statistics/ or increases them somehow, which is one of the many reasons i blame my internet phone line. Around 3months ago every modem i had synced at full speed but i still had problems. If any of you play any game that requires quick timing you would know how irritating it gets to get no registration to anything you do. I simply can not deal with the crappy service att provides. Their representitives have no knowledge whatsoever about anything related to connection. All they know is the basics which COMPLETELY IRRITATES me to a point where i just gave up on them. I haven't called them in like 3 months because i feel like im talking to a rock. The technician they have sent around 4x is so STUPID (sorry im pretty mad). The guy does not even know what MTU is, much less understand my issue. Everytime i call att, the answering machine does some tests and says i have faulty lines. When i get in touch with a live rep, they do some tests and find nothing wrong with my line. I tell these people that i bought 3 BRAND NEW MODEMS that CANNOT SYNC TO THE SPEED PACKAGE IM SUPPOSE TO BE HAVING. THESE {keep it courteous} TELL ME WHAT THE SPEED IM SYNCING TO IS, AND I SAY AROUND 300kbps!!! They say is it ok to have these sync speeds, but these complete tools do NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SYNC SPEEDS AND ACTUAL SPEEDS. I tried explaining this for over an hour an just gave up since then. Can someone knowlegable please help me with this issue? Understand where im coming from, iv'e tried solving this issue for more than 7 months, but AT&T is useless. As soon as my contract ends, im getting cable so i won't have to deal with such trash service. As i may have said before, i am trying to replace these lines i have, because i KNOW FOR A FACT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEM. Long story short, i opened the phone jack in my wall, dusted off/straightened the lines and BAM my download and upload noise margins increased by 10dB EACH! So please, someone help me with my issue, because my connection worked FLAWLESSLY untill last year. My thoughts are something happened overtime that increased line attenuation and decreased my Noise Margins. Also, my download and upload attentuation differ GREATLY, which makes me think something has to be wrong with my line. My download attenuation varies from 62.9 dB to 65dB and my upload attentuation has never moved from 31.5 dB. Here are some stats

DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair)
Downstream Rate Cap: 1536 kbps
Downstream Atten. at 300kHz: 64.4 dB
Uncancelled Echo: -21.5 dB Ok
VCXO Frequency Offset: -44.7 ppm Ok
Final Rx Gain: 28.3 dB Ok
Impulse Noise Comp. Tones: 0 Ok
Excessive Impulse Noise: 0 Ok
Impulse noise protection:          0.00

Delay of latency path:         

0.25 ms

Line 1 (inner pair)
Protocol: G.DMT Annex A
Downstream Rate: 1536 kbps                 
Upstream Rate: 384 kbps                 
Channel: Fast
Current Noise Margin: 12.0 dB (Downstream) 17.0 dB (Upstream)
Current Attenuation: 63.0 dB (Downstream) 31.5 dB (Upstream)
Current Output Power: 16.3 dBm (Downstream) 11.9 dBm (Upstream)
DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {0x0F} Vendor: {ALCB} Specific: {0x00}
PVC Info: 0/35

Help. Me. Please.

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 6:13:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

also want to mention that when im playing any game and someone opens any webpage such as google, i lag out of the lobby. Im thinking my pings rises so high (up to 1000ms) that it lags me out. And yes i have very unstable ping tests. As i understand, jitter is suppose to stay at around 1ms to around 10ms MAX. In my case, when i ping my own state, i get around 30 ping and 30 jitter. My best pingtest on my state is around 14ms latency and 1ms jitter which makes me think that my connection isn't stable. And yes, there have been countless times where i ping more than 100ms on my own state.

also want to mention that when im playing any game and someone opens any webpage such as google, i lag out of the lobby. Im thinking my pings rises so high (up to 1000ms) that it lags me out. And yes i have very unstable ping tests. As i understand, jitter is suppose to stay at around 1ms to around 10ms MAX. In my case, when i ping my own state, i get around 30 ping and 30 jitter. My best pingtest on my state is around 14ms latency and 1ms jitter which makes me think that my connection isn't stable. And yes, there have been countless times where i ping more than 100ms on my own state.

Re: Help. Me. Please.

2 of 2 (181 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments