Hacker

Contributor

Hacker

I think my email account has been hacked.  My friends and family received the following email from my address.  Of course I did not send it. 

Received: from [125.44.158.6] by web81702.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:56:44 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.2.4 YahooMailWebService/0.8.104.276605
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:56:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richmond Heights Academy Foster *personal information removed for safety*
Reply-To: *personal information removed for safety*
Subject: Your wonderful life sets sail from here
To: undisclosed recipients: ;
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1066419563-1280163404=:80826"

--0-1066419563-1280163404=:80826
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hello!How are you recently?
I would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!It is realy a good chance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!The web address: [Edit per Community Guidelines] 

*personal information removed for safety*
--0-1066419563-1280163404=:80826
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" ><tr><td valign="top" style="font: inherit;"><DIV id=mailContentContainer>Hello!How are you recently?<BR>I would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!It is realy a good chance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!The web address:[Edit per Community Guidelines]  </DIV><BR><BR>
<DIV id=RTEContent>
<DIV id=RTEContent>
<DIV id=RTEContent>
<DIV id=RTEContent>
*personal information removed for safety*
<DIV><FONT color=#ff0000 face="arial black"><EM>Phil 4:8</EM></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></td></tr></table>
--0-1066419563-1280163404=:80826--

Message 1 of 5 (1,119 Views)
Teacher

Re: Hacker

You haven't been hacked.  This is just spam and it's safe to ignore & delete.

Message 2 of 5 (1,119 Views)
Contributor

Hi!  What did you do?!  Someone's been using my address to advertize too.  I've changed my password and such.  Can't tell whether it's working yet.  Hope you have an answer!

Message 3 of 5 (791 Views)
Teacher

This is happening to me right now. What do I do, I changed my password but it's still happening.

Message 4 of 5 (335 Views)

I realize this is an old thread, but it is still pertinent, and just had to say avalanch's reponse was wrong.  If everyone on your contact list is receiving spam from your address, then you are or have been infected with spyware, malware, or virus. That is the only way a nefarious person(s) can associate your address witth everyone in your contact list. Unfortunately, changing your password, will do nothing to resolve the issue. First thing to do is to eradicate the infection if you have not done so already. Sometimes after the infection is gone the problem will stop if the virus was sending the emails directly from your computer. Other types of infections just steal the contents of your contact list and use it to send the emails from an overseas server like the OP's example from China. If this is the case, the emails may continue after you have disinfected your computer. If they persist, the only thing you can do is to change your email address and let everyone on your contact list know to just delete any messages from your old address.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them.

Bertrand Russell

Message 5 of 5 (273 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.