HORRIBLE SERVICE!

Contributor

HORRIBLE SERVICE!

I am very disappointed with the unprofessionalism of ATT. First, you guys send me a defective modem for my DSL internet service and then you're freaking rude to me at customer service!!!! I was on the phone for over a hour trying to get this issue resolved and all they were doing was transferring me around. One guy transferred me in the middle of me speaking!!!! I have never been so fed up with a company. Prior to knowing it was the actual modem, I ended up spending extra money on a stupid Ethernet cable because the representatives kept telling me that that was the reason I could not connect to the internet. I am a brand new customer and I have not been shown any appreciation for BEING a customer. One lady I spoke with was really nice and gave me a $75.00 credit for the shipping and handling of the modem as well as a $10.00 discount off my phone bill for the next year for all the inconvenience. I really appreciated her kind service, but it was still not enough to cover the unprofessionalism of this huge company.   

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ATT TO ANYONE I KNOW. I AM NOT SURE IF I WILL KEEP THEIR SERVICE ONLY BECAUSE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO TERRIBLE. VERIZON IS AVAILABLE IN MY AREA AND I AM REALLY CONSIDERING SWITCHING OVER!

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: HORRIBLE SERVICE!

skip0390 wrote:

I am very disappointed with the unprofessionalism of ATT. First, you guys send me a defective modem for my DSL internet service and then you're freaking rude to me at customer service!!!! I was on the phone for over a hour trying to get this issue resolved and all they were doing was transferring me around. One guy transferred me in the middle of me speaking!!!! I have never been so fed up with a company. Prior to knowing it was the actual modem, I ended up spending extra money on a stupid Ethernet cable because the representatives kept telling me that that was the reason I could not connect to the internet. I am a brand new customer and I have not been shown any appreciation for BEING a customer. One lady I spoke with was really nice and gave me a $75.00 credit for the shipping and handling of the modem as well as a $10.00 discount off my phone bill for the next year for all the inconvenience. I really appreciated her kind service, but it was still not enough to cover the unprofessionalism of this huge company.   

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ATT TO ANYONE I KNOW. I AM NOT SURE IF I WILL KEEP THEIR SERVICE ONLY BECAUSE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO TERRIBLE. VERIZON IS AVAILABLE IN MY AREA AND I AM REALLY CONSIDERING SWITCHING OVER!

If you paid for the modem when you got your service and it is less than a year old, it should be replaced free of charge, if defective. Plus the 10 bucks off for getting the run-a-round.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support