Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 3, 2011
7:25:12 PM
View profile
Gateway Alert Notification about every five minutes at night

Hello all.  I am posting because I receive the dreaded, and seemingly common, Gateway Alert Notification screen very frequently, especially at night.  Now I realize it is common to have a few disconnects, but I generally get one about every two to five minutes on a common evening.  I already attempted to get assistance for my slow service at night, to which AT&T told me if I didn't like it cancel my service, but I'm hoping that since the issue of frequent disconnects seems to be a separate issue perhaps it can be resolved.  

I'm using the Gateway wire2wire modem. Yes I've cleared my cache, yes I've reset the modem, no it's not the modem as AT&T has sent me a new one for this issue before.  If this is the incorrect place for this post feel free to move it.

Hello all.  I am posting because I receive the dreaded, and seemingly common, Gateway Alert Notification screen very frequently, especially at night.  Now I realize it is common to have a few disconnects, but I generally get one about every two to five minutes on a common evening.  I already attempted to get assistance for my slow service at night, to which AT&T told me if I didn't like it cancel my service, but I'm hoping that since the issue of frequent disconnects seems to be a separate issue perhaps it can be resolved.  

I'm using the Gateway wire2wire modem. Yes I've cleared my cache, yes I've reset the modem, no it's not the modem as AT&T has sent me a new one for this issue before.  If this is the incorrect place for this post feel free to move it.

Gateway Alert Notification about every five minutes at night

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 3:40:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

Everyone try this if nothing else works: Every time ATT disconnects take 1-5 cents off your bill. If enough people do it and they start losing money, they might actually do something.

Keep a good log to prove your taking it off, add up each disconnect, take off the cents each time. Subtract from your bill. Send in what's left. If ATT complains, say you were getting paid for your annyance and will continue to do it until a tech comes out and it is fixed.

Everyone try this if nothing else works: Every time ATT disconnects take 1-5 cents off your bill. If enough people do it and they start losing money, they might actually do something.

Keep a good log to prove your taking it off, add up each disconnect, take off the cents each time. Subtract from your bill. Send in what's left. If ATT complains, say you were getting paid for your annyance and will continue to do it until a tech comes out and it is fixed.

Re: Gateway Alert Notification about every five minutes at night

2 of 5 (8,868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2011 11:33:09 AM
(0)
Teacher

Got same issue. But at&t technical support fixed my problem. They asked me to update the username and password at the modem for the 2wire .. they asked me to access the modem interface  192.168.1.254 and modify the username and password at the broadband link icon at the top of the page  . From there they did a diagnostic test and findout no issue on the line  . After configuring it with my username and password the conenction becomes stable until now  Smiley Happy

Got same issue. But at&t technical support fixed my problem. They asked me to update the username and password at the modem for the 2wire .. they asked me to access the modem interface  192.168.1.254 and modify the username and password at the broadband link icon at the top of the page  . From there they did a diagnostic test and findout no issue on the line  . After configuring it with my username and password the conenction becomes stable until now  Smiley Happy

3 of 5 (8,848 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2011 10:51:53 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pamelaz on May 7, 2011 at 9:46:52 AM

Most likely its doing that because your modem doesnt have a valid ID and/ or password and youre not authenticating on att's network and getting kicked off. Could possibly be a network or line issue. That page comes up when the modems not authenticating for some reason. Call att and they'll help you straighten it out. {Please keep it courteous} and said u had a problem connecting and an agent told you well if u dont like it cancel your service, goodbye.

Most likely its doing that because your modem doesnt have a valid ID and/ or password and youre not authenticating on att's network and getting kicked off. Could possibly be a network or line issue. That page comes up when the modems not authenticating for some reason. Call att and they'll help you straighten it out. {Please keep it courteous} and said u had a problem connecting and an agent told you well if u dont like it cancel your service, goodbye.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (8,836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2011 3:14:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have same problem i have lost connection error. AT&T support no help. their service has gone down the hill lately.

I have same problem i have lost connection error. AT&T support no help. their service has gone down the hill lately.

5 of 5 (7,656 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments