Helpful Links

Fried DSL RG

Guru

Fried DSL RG

My Neighbor activated his Mikro Trouble Shooting and repair service Turns out this one was Easy The 4 year old 2wire SBC dsl RG was Dead. We ran off to the local AT&T Store and got a new one. This got me wondering Could this Happening to me ? Any ways It took a few Hours I wasn't sure if I wanted to plug in the New one just incase.  

Message 1 of 6
Teacher

Re: Fried DSL RG

You can get the Motorola/Netopia 2210 from either bestbuy or newegg and then get a REAL router like the Netgear WNDR-3700, or switch providers, that'll guarantee fix for whatever issue you have.
Message 2 of 6
Expert

Mikro, I don't think this could be happening to you because you *have* Uverse.  That is a totally different router/RG from what VDSL uses.

Are you using a regular ADSL router behind the UVRG?

Message 3 of 6
Guru

My neighbors got a New RG He's on AT&T Bussiness DSL Not Uverse but all is good now He's up and running. What scarey is the old one was dead and What caused it Mines safe I think with the Belkin bakup between the outlet and the RG But boy My neighbors was Toast I just wish the AT&T store let me have the old one.

The New on a 2Wire 3801 Plan DSL Modem/4p Router.

Message 4 of 6
Expert

You won't have to worry about yours since ATT will replace it (Uverse).

Your friend probably bought his router, or was he renting?

And sometimes, nothing you can do to protect equipment, no matter what you do. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
Guru

The old one was 4yrs old and out of warranty

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support