Forwarding mail with Attachment

Mentor

Forwarding mail with Attachment

On some E-Mail received, I attempt to forward the attachment in the mail to my selected addresees. At times, the attachment is deleted by the mail program. Do not have same problem with Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Message 1 of 7 (554 Views)
Guru

Re: Forwarding mail with Attachment

hi philiprob!

do you mean that some of your recipients are not able to receive the attachments included in the mails that you send them?

Message 2 of 7 (554 Views)
Mentor

No, the attachment is deleted by the mail program when I attempt to Forward. No addressees will receive it.
Message 3 of 7 (554 Views)
Guru

what email program (outlook express, thunderbird, etc. or the att webmail) do you use to send out these emails with attachments? has this always been the case or it just started doing that?

Message 4 of 7 (554 Views)
Contributor

I'm having trouble with emails taking up to several hours to get to the person I'm emailing. Will this get better?
Message 5 of 7 (554 Views)
Contributor

I have a problem that I think is somewhere along this topic. This just happened recently on my webmail account: For some reason when I forward e-mails with attachments now, the attachments are no longer included in the forwarded e-mail. In other words, after I click forward, the "new e-mail" window pops up with everything from the desired e-mail to be forwarded except for the attachments that were in the original. It used to work before no problem. I was trying to see if there was an option that was accidentally check that allowed one to forward e-mails without including the attachments, but I did not see such an option. I'm curious as to any insight anyone might have as to why this is happening all of a sudden.
Message 6 of 7 (554 Views)

You need to check your Forwarding feature from the Mail Options. Not the POP Access and Forwarding option but through the General Options.
Message 7 of 7 (554 Views)