First bill shows crap I didn't sign up for...this happen to anyone else?

Contributor

First bill shows crap I didn't sign up for...this happen to anyone else?

Here is a copy of the email I sent to billing.  It pretty much sums up my problem.  Anyone else have similar issues or any suggestions?  Thank you.

When I signed up for your hi speed dsl through uverse package on 2/13, I was under the impression that I was signing up for the $25.99/mo (for first year) plan with 5-6mbps up.  I think it may have been a new year's special or something.

Now I have received my first bill and it accuses me of signing up for the $43.00/mo plan.  But, I know that that is incorrect.  So I would like to have my plan adjusted back to the advertised $25.99/mo price before I make my first payment, which is technically due today.

Message 1 of 5 (585 Views)

Re: First bill shows crap I didn't sign up for...this happen to anyone else?

avauntzero wrote:

Here is a copy of the email I sent to billing.  It pretty much sums up my problem.  Anyone else have similar issues or any suggestions?  Thank you.

When I signed up for your hi speed dsl through uverse package on 2/13, I was under the impression that I was signing up for the $25.99/mo (for first year) plan with 5-6mbps up.  I think it may have been a new year's special or something.

Now I have received my first bill and it accuses me of signing up for the $43.00/mo plan.  But, I know that that is incorrect.  So I would like to have my plan adjusted back to the advertised $25.99/mo price before I make my first payment, which is technically due today.

I suggest you pay your bill or you can be hit with a late fee as well as giving them the right to end your promotion right here and now. The 6Mbs package is normally 43 bucks and you signed up for the 26 buck special, but the way they work it is you will not see the promotional price reflected on your bill until the third bill or fourth bill, then your price will be dropped to $25.99 and there will be a credit for the difference from the first few bills. Then the promotional price will continue another 8 or 9 months depending on when your pricing dropped because they include those first full price months in the promotional period.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 5 (551 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the info, but that wasn't the agreement.  I look forward to speaking with an ATT rep asap.

Message 3 of 5 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]

avauntzero wrote:

Thanks for the info, but that wasn't the agreement.  I look forward to speaking with an ATT rep asap.

Whether they told you about it or not, unfortunately that's the way it works. If your still unsatisfied, you can contact Alex. He will have someone call you within a couple of days to explain how billing and promotional pricing works.

I still suggest you pay your bill now and then decide what the "agreement" was, because now "technically your bill was due yesterday".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 4 of 5 (535 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the info again.  And sure it was due yesterday but that's what late fees are for...and the late fee is substantially lower than the phantom charges at the moment...

I'm told (via email) that my case has been escalated so I think I will have some solution soon.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5 (522 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.