Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 1:29:00 PM
(0)

Hi Chamberbrook,

WEP key is a Wireless Encryption Protocol security code (i.e., a string of letters and numbers) that is uniquely assigned to your home network.

It allows the devices in your home to communicate with each other while preventing any devices outside your home from accessing your network.

Locating the WEP key varries from one device to another. Here are the steps in locating the WEP key for 2 wire router, Westell Versalink and Netopia 3347NWG or 3347W.

1. The WEP key for 2 wire router is found on the sticker on bottom of the router. Look for set of numbers enclosed in a bracket right below the bar code.

2. For Westell Versalink, you need to access the modem interface to locate the wep key.

- Open a web browser, and navigate to the Westell interface by typing

192.168.1.254 into your address bar.

- From the Home Summary page, click on the link for Wireless at the top.

The Network Name (SSID) is visible here, as well as the WEP, WPA, or WPA2-PSK (Wireless Security) key that is being used.

3. Just like westell versalink, to locate the WEP key for Netopia 3347NWG or 3347W, you also need to access the device interface. Please refer to the following steps:

- Open a web browser, and navigate to the Netopia interface by typing 192.168.1.254 into your address bar.

- From the Home screen, click on the link to the left that says Wireless.

- If Wireless is NOT enabled, put a check mark in Enable Wireless, to be able to read the WEP, WPA, or WPA2-PSK Encryption key.  If you have enabled your wireless function previously, you will be taken to the screen where you can view your Encryption key.

You may also visit our Help Site at http://www.att.com/esupport for additional information on locating WEP key and for related topics.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hi Chamberbrook,

WEP key is a Wireless Encryption Protocol security code (i.e., a string of letters and numbers) that is uniquely assigned to your home network.

It allows the devices in your home to communicate with each other while preventing any devices outside your home from accessing your network.

Locating the WEP key varries from one device to another. Here are the steps in locating the WEP key for 2 wire router, Westell Versalink and Netopia 3347NWG or 3347W.

1. The WEP key for 2 wire router is found on the sticker on bottom of the router. Look for set of numbers enclosed in a bracket right below the bar code.

2. For Westell Versalink, you need to access the modem interface to locate the wep key.

- Open a web browser, and navigate to the Westell interface by typing

192.168.1.254 into your address bar.

- From the Home Summary page, click on the link for Wireless at the top.

The Network Name (SSID) is visible here, as well as the WEP, WPA, or WPA2-PSK (Wireless Security) key that is being used.

3. Just like westell versalink, to locate the WEP key for Netopia 3347NWG or 3347W, you also need to access the device interface. Please refer to the following steps:

- Open a web browser, and navigate to the Netopia interface by typing 192.168.1.254 into your address bar.

- From the Home screen, click on the link to the left that says Wireless.

- If Wireless is NOT enabled, put a check mark in Enable Wireless, to be able to read the WEP, WPA, or WPA2-PSK Encryption key.  If you have enabled your wireless function previously, you will be taken to the screen where you can view your Encryption key.

You may also visit our Help Site at http://www.att.com/esupport for additional information on locating WEP key and for related topics.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: Finding my WEP key

2 of 2 (26,950 Views)