Find my IP?

Contributor

Find my IP?

Hi!

I run a server, and just as I go on vacation, my IP address changes. Now, I don't know the IP to put in on dyndns.com!

How can i find my external IP address from another computer, not in the network?

I have wireless and DSL.

Thanks,

Will

Message 1 of 7 (405 Views)
Professor

Re: Find my IP?

Billofobong wrote:

Hi!

I run a server, and just as I go on vacation, my IP address changes. Now, I don't know the IP to put in on dyndns.com!

How can i find my external IP address from another computer, not in the network?

I have wireless and DSL.

Thanks,

Will

Click on Billofobong. You will find your IP at the lower right. Just scroll down till you see it.

Message 2 of 7 (396 Views)
Teacher

you can visit and access whatismyip.com and it will prvide your ip address
Message 3 of 7 (386 Views)
Contributor

No, I'm on vacation. My IP address at my HOME computer has changed. I need to find THAT out. Not the IP of the computer I'm currently using. I'm not on my home network, so I can't do 192.68.0.1 and find the computers connected to my network.
Message 4 of 7 (378 Views)
Professor

There is a software program that updates your IP on your home server automatically. Do you have the update interval?

OTOH if you treat your IP as static, and set it up as static, your are out of luck.Unless someone can go to your home.

Message 5 of 7 (372 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

It probably depends on the type of server; I run a minecraft server.
If I were to update the IP on the IP forwarding page on dyndns.org, it would work, but, I don't have the IP.

Message 6 of 7 (366 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

I am sorry I don't get it. With dynamic dns, I never need to input the ip - that defeats the purpose of dynamic dns. Am I missing something? Unless you are trying to set up dynamic dns account while away from home...

Message 7 of 7 (356 Views)