Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2011
2:00:02 PM
View profile
Find my IP?

Hi!

I run a server, and just as I go on vacation, my IP address changes. Now, I don't know the IP to put in on dyndns.com!

How can i find my external IP address from another computer, not in the network?

I have wireless and DSL.

Thanks,

Will

Hi!

I run a server, and just as I go on vacation, my IP address changes. Now, I don't know the IP to put in on dyndns.com!

How can i find my external IP address from another computer, not in the network?

I have wireless and DSL.

Thanks,

Will

Find my IP?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 11:35:13 PM
(0)
Professor

Billofobong wrote:

Hi!

I have wireless and DSL.

Thanks,

Will

Click on Billofobong. You will find your IP at the lower right. Just scroll down till you see it.

Billofobong wrote:

Hi!

I have wireless and DSL.

Thanks,

Will

Click on Billofobong. You will find your IP at the lower right. Just scroll down till you see it.

Re: Find my IP?

2 of 7 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 11:47:34 AM
(0)
Teacher
you can visit and access whatismyip.com and it will prvide your ip address
you can visit and access whatismyip.com and it will prvide your ip address

3 of 7 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 5:33:38 PM
(0)
Contributor
No, I'm on vacation. My IP address at my HOME computer has changed. I need to find THAT out. Not the IP of the computer I'm currently using. I'm not on my home network, so I can't do 192.68.0.1 and find the computers connected to my network.
No, I'm on vacation. My IP address at my HOME computer has changed. I need to find THAT out. Not the IP of the computer I'm currently using. I'm not on my home network, so I can't do 192.68.0.1 and find the computers connected to my network.

4 of 7 (282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 6:35:53 PM
(0)
Professor

There is a software program that updates your IP on your home server automatically. Do you have the update interval?

OTOH if you treat your IP as static, and set it up as static, your are out of luck.Unless someone can go to your home.

There is a software program that updates your IP on your home server automatically. Do you have the update interval?

OTOH if you treat your IP as static, and set it up as static, your are out of luck.Unless someone can go to your home.

5 of 7 (276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 7:05:09 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Billofobong on Aug 9, 2011 at 7:07:29 PM

It probably depends on the type of server; I run a minecraft server.
If I were to update the IP on the IP forwarding page on dyndns.org, it would work, but, I don't have the IP.

It probably depends on the type of server; I run a minecraft server.
If I were to update the IP on the IP forwarding page on dyndns.org, it would work, but, I don't have the IP.

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 7:48:20 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Aug 9, 2011 at 8:32:01 PM

I am sorry I don't get it. With dynamic dns, I never need to input the ip - that defeats the purpose of dynamic dns. Am I missing something? Unless you are trying to set up dynamic dns account while away from home...

I am sorry I don't get it. With dynamic dns, I never need to input the ip - that defeats the purpose of dynamic dns. Am I missing something? Unless you are trying to set up dynamic dns account while away from home...

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (260 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments