Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 7, 2010
6:11:45 AM
View profile
Final Answer on Keeping @bellsouth.net email address after cancelling service

I've read the various posts on this topic, but still have not received a final answer to the question:

Will my @bellsouth.net email address remain active after I cancel my AT&T services and/or how long do I have after I cancel my service before it's disconnected?

I have been bounced around to several departments this morning with AT&T and still have no answer.

Someone please help -  I need to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I've read the various posts on this topic, but still have not received a final answer to the question:

Will my @bellsouth.net email address remain active after I cancel my AT&T services and/or how long do I have after I cancel my service before it's disconnected?

I have been bounced around to several departments this morning with AT&T and still have no answer.

Someone please help -  I need to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Final Answer on Keeping @bellsouth.net email address after cancelling service

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 11:24:52 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello cfcampbell,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has cost you. To answer your question and probably close the book for this chapter, your email indeed stays after it gets disconnected but given that it's a migrated account to the new Yahoo Portal. To simply know that you're migrated, you should be able to directly check your mail at http://att.my.yahoo.com/ if not then you can migrate it at http://att.net/attpby. For more information try to refer to this url http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400295. Here's the story, when DSL service is disconnected the Member ID is placed on a free AT&T Dial plan with full access to email and portal for 60 days. On day 61, the free AT&T Dial service is terminated; however, the customer retains access to their Member ID(s), email, and portal. At this point, the ID will be a Free AT&T Email and Member ID. If the former customer orders DSL or Dial service in the future, they have the opportunity to register their DSL/Dial Internet Service with their Free AT&T Email and Member ID. This does not apply to legacy customers though we are aware that there are certain customers that on the 61st day, they are being redirected to a prompt asking them to create a free yahoo account. Doing so, would transfer all the content,contacts and settings of the att mail to the new yahoo email.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT. Thank you for choosing at&t where we value your business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello cfcampbell,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has cost you. To answer your question and probably close the book for this chapter, your email indeed stays after it gets disconnected but given that it's a migrated account to the new Yahoo Portal. To simply know that you're migrated, you should be able to directly check your mail at http://att.my.yahoo.com/ if not then you can migrate it at http://att.net/attpby. For more information try to refer to this url http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400295. Here's the story, when DSL service is disconnected the Member ID is placed on a free AT&T Dial plan with full access to email and portal for 60 days. On day 61, the free AT&T Dial service is terminated; however, the customer retains access to their Member ID(s), email, and portal. At this point, the ID will be a Free AT&T Email and Member ID. If the former customer orders DSL or Dial service in the future, they have the opportunity to register their DSL/Dial Internet Service with their Free AT&T Email and Member ID. This does not apply to legacy customers though we are aware that there are certain customers that on the 61st day, they are being redirected to a prompt asking them to create a free yahoo account. Doing so, would transfer all the content,contacts and settings of the att mail to the new yahoo email.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT. Thank you for choosing at&t where we value your business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Re: Final Answer on Keeping @bellsouth.net email address after cancelling service

2 of 8 (7,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 2:01:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

The support article link in this reply is broken.  Is there an official T&C document that covers what happens when a DSL account is terminated in good standing?  The AT&T/Yahoo T&C document only states that your email will stop working after 60 days if it is canceled by AT&T instead of volunatrily by the customer.

If I were to cancel DSL, would I get an email confirmation that my email was being transferred to a free Yahoo account?

The support article link in this reply is broken.  Is there an official T&C document that covers what happens when a DSL account is terminated in good standing?  The AT&T/Yahoo T&C document only states that your email will stop working after 60 days if it is canceled by AT&T instead of volunatrily by the customer.

If I were to cancel DSL, would I get an email confirmation that my email was being transferred to a free Yahoo account?

Re: Final Answer on Keeping @bellsouth.net email address after cancelling service

3 of 8 (7,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 3:48:34 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hi JumunjiJOJO,

First, I would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our concern. The AT&T email would indeed be a free email account once your DSL service would be disconnected as long as your email address is migrated to the new AT&T email portal. For further information regarding the changes made on the migration process you could visit this link http://www.att.com/esupport/new-home/ to find answers to commonly asked question about the email migration. Try to click on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400295 for the article for information on what would happen to your email when you would disconnect the DSL service. This is the same link as posted above, you might have included the dot that's why you're not able to open the page.

You could also call our sales department if you want to make sure that this information is valid. Our sales department can be reached at 888-321-2375 between 8 am and 7 pm, Monday through Friday, and 8 am to 5 pm on Saturday. Just choose the option for sales.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Hi JumunjiJOJO,

First, I would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our concern. The AT&T email would indeed be a free email account once your DSL service would be disconnected as long as your email address is migrated to the new AT&T email portal. For further information regarding the changes made on the migration process you could visit this link http://www.att.com/esupport/new-home/ to find answers to commonly asked question about the email migration. Try to click on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400295 for the article for information on what would happen to your email when you would disconnect the DSL service. This is the same link as posted above, you might have included the dot that's why you're not able to open the page.

You could also call our sales department if you want to make sure that this information is valid. Our sales department can be reached at 888-321-2375 between 8 am and 7 pm, Monday through Friday, and 8 am to 5 pm on Saturday. Just choose the option for sales.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

4 of 8 (7,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2010 8:10:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

I tried the link again and unfortantely I simply got this result:

"The page you are looking for has moved, been replaced, or is currently unavailable.
We apologize for the inconvenience."

I tried the link again and unfortantely I simply got this result:

"The page you are looking for has moved, been replaced, or is currently unavailable.
We apologize for the inconvenience."

5 of 8 (7,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2010 9:51:30 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Can you please copy and paste the link you see in your address bar?

Thanks!

Can you please copy and paste the link you see in your address bar?

Thanks!

6 of 8 (7,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2011 8:24:41 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Moved for better exposure

7 of 8 (6,361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2011 9:13:45 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

8 of 8 (6,363 Views)