Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 23, 2010
11:55:45 AM
View profile
False Advertising

have searched all competitiors and found AT&T had the best prices for my apartment.

Or so I thought...  I am still in the struggle to get internet, and the only reason I ever considered them as a carrier was because a 14.95 special offer on internet.

Two days after giving them all my information and having a reciept saying I enrolled for a special offer for AT&T U-verse DSL I get an email to call them.

Half and hour later I finally got through to a customer rep who said "Oh it is fine, but just so you know your internet will be $40 a month".  More than double because I wasn't eligble for a service they said I was eligible for when I signed up.

The woman gave me great service until the moment she passed me off to a co-worker who would help me. The second woman did nothing but try to get me to pay EVEN MORE for an upgrade for a service I did not want in the first place.

Unfortunately, the big internet companies have me pinned to either pay to much and have bad slow customer service or not have internet.

I will report them to the FTC, attempt to contact corporate, and do my best to choose the one other service proider in my area.

Or if I can get them to agree to their terms that would be the best. Anyone know of a number/email where the customer service will acutally help you?

have searched all competitiors and found AT&T had the best prices for my apartment.

Or so I thought...  I am still in the struggle to get internet, and the only reason I ever considered them as a carrier was because a 14.95 special offer on internet.

Two days after giving them all my information and having a reciept saying I enrolled for a special offer for AT&T U-verse DSL I get an email to call them.

Half and hour later I finally got through to a customer rep who said "Oh it is fine, but just so you know your internet will be $40 a month".  More than double because I wasn't eligble for a service they said I was eligible for when I signed up.

The woman gave me great service until the moment she passed me off to a co-worker who would help me. The second woman did nothing but try to get me to pay EVEN MORE for an upgrade for a service I did not want in the first place.

Unfortunately, the big internet companies have me pinned to either pay to much and have bad slow customer service or not have internet.

I will report them to the FTC, attempt to contact corporate, and do my best to choose the one other service proider in my area.

Or if I can get them to agree to their terms that would be the best. Anyone know of a number/email where the customer service will acutally help you?

False Advertising

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 1:38:03 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

In efforts to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting. Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

In efforts to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting. Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: False Advertising

2 of 2 (279 Views)