Every day, at 5:30 PM, my U-Verse wireless connection drops -- Really!

Contributor

Every day, at 5:30 PM, my U-Verse wireless connection drops -- Really!

I had U-Verse installed in my house more than 90 days ago.  I had a really good installer and he did a great job, even giving me a new drop from the pole in the backyard easement some 100 feet away.  He was thorough in his tests which I appreciated.

Since that time, I have no complaints about U-Verse high speed internet, except one.

It happens every day, at 5:30 PM when the wireless connection drops me. 

I am so intrigued by this because it is unique in my experience and happens with such regularity.  Also, it never occurred until I switched to U-Verse.  It never happens when I at a restaurant, or when I had cable internet with wireless broadcast for the year prior.  Therefore, the logic is that:

(1)  It is not a problem with my laptop, nor its wireless adapter, nor its wireless software on the laptop.

(2)  The problem is perhaps with the wireless router AT&T installed.    -or-

(3)  The U-Verse internet (line) connection somehow drops, every day, at 5:30 for some reason.

Item #2 is my personal best suspect.  I only have wireless usage in the house, so I've never even ran a Cat5 and logged into the router to start investigating.  What I'd like to see if anyone here has heard of such a thing before, which might make my journey of discovery easier.

I wouldn't necessarily be concerned about this, except that I'm about to start playing an online game that requires a constant connection to the internet (as a DRM 'feature').

Thanks for any notions, in advance!  The router is 2Wire 3800HGV-B.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
Contributor

Re: Every day, at 5:30 PM, my U-Verse wireless connection drops -- Really!

Just of note:  I decided to look around the house (it's a new house to me) and noticed that the previous owners had left an outdoor lighting assemblage turned on, it has a small transformer unit plugged into an outlet, with an adjustable timer to turn on the lights if the ambient outdoor light is not enough, such as in winter.  I can't say for sure that this is my culprit, but it was set for 5:30 PM.  A bit of googling revealed that this may indeed be the problem.  I'll watch it when I am at home at 5:30 next couple of weeks to see if this has any affect on my problem. 

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support