Internet Forums

Posted Sep 2, 2009
12:21:42 PM
View profile
Emails sent to myself no longer showing up in my inbox
I use my sbcglobal.net account to keep tabs on in and out times. I send an email from myself to myself using the web-based yahoo email system (the old version) and now those emails are no longer showing up in the inbox. They still show up in the sent folder though. Any help would be appreciated. -Tony
I use my sbcglobal.net account to keep tabs on in and out times. I send an email from myself to myself using the web-based yahoo email system (the old version) and now those emails are no longer showing up in the inbox. They still show up in the sent folder though. Any help would be appreciated. -Tony

Emails sent to myself no longer showing up in my inbox

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 12:30:23 PM
(0)
Guru

hi tony!

are you using a client email like Outlook or Outlook Express? may be your emails are automatically downloaded on your client email program and it was not set to leave copies of your emails on the server.

hi tony!

are you using a client email like Outlook or Outlook Express? may be your emails are automatically downloaded on your client email program and it was not set to leave copies of your emails on the server.

Re: Emails sent to myself no longer showing up in my inbox

2 of 7 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 12:32:05 PM
(0)
Scholar

Its possible you just need to adjust some settings in your email client so you will have copies of the messages sent on both webmail and outlook.

Its possible you just need to adjust some settings in your email client so you will have copies of the messages sent on both webmail and outlook.

3 of 7 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 12:33:01 PM
(0)
Guru

if you are exclusively using the webmail, you may check the Spam Folder or Trash Folder and check if your emails are redirected there. if they appear in the Spam Folder, just open your email there and then click on the NOT SPAM button on the top portion of the mail page so that your emails will be directed to the Inbox in the future.

you can also check if your email ID is blocking your own email address. try to click on OPTIONS (upper-right corner) --> MAIL OPTIONS. then check the blocked addresses feature and see if your email address is listed there.

hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

if you are exclusively using the webmail, you may check the Spam Folder or Trash Folder and check if your emails are redirected there. if they appear in the Spam Folder, just open your email there and then click on the NOT SPAM button on the top portion of the mail page so that your emails will be directed to the Inbox in the future.

you can also check if your email ID is blocking your own email address. try to click on OPTIONS (upper-right corner) --> MAIL OPTIONS. then check the blocked addresses feature and see if your email address is listed there.

hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

4 of 7 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 12:41:00 PM
(0)
Contributor
My address isn't marked as Spam and my boss uses Outlook to check the mail (via POP) and I have it set up to leave the email on the server.
My address isn't marked as Spam and my boss uses Outlook to check the mail (via POP) and I have it set up to leave the email on the server.

5 of 7 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 12:46:31 PM
(0)
Guru

how about under the blocked address list?

oh, so you also pop your emails on outlook? if it was set to leave copies on server, how many days? i remember it has a sub-setting asking how many days your emails will be left saved on the server.

how about under the blocked address list?

oh, so you also pop your emails on outlook? if it was set to leave copies on server, how many days? i remember it has a sub-setting asking how many days your emails will be left saved on the server.

6 of 7 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 12:48:09 PM
(0)
Guru

did you recently setup an email profile on a smartphone like iPhone or blackberry? they could also download your emails from the server.

did you recently setup an email profile on a smartphone like iPhone or blackberry? they could also download your emails from the server.

7 of 7 (603 Views)