Email requesting login info is NOT AT&T report to Abuse@att.com

Employee

Email requesting login info is NOT AT&T report to Abuse@att.com

As an employee of AT&T  also received this Phising attempt and am reporting it as this is using corporate logos and other information to try and validate the email. AT&T NEVER requests SPI information and this is an offense that a good many employees have been terminated for giving out. For those of you who don't know SPI is Sensitive personal information such as SSN, logins, Driver's lic. numbers, addresses, PIN codes and other information that  social hackers use to steal your personal Identification this is a HUGE matter for AT&T and as an employee we must review this policy each and every year! This is one of AT&T's highest  security protocols to protect every customer we serve. Thanks for your continued patronage as we appreciate evensong's business!  

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 3 (753 Views)
Contributor

Re: Email requesting login info is NOT AT&T report to Abuse@att.com

I just received that same fraudulent email...forwarding to abuse@att.net

Not sure what outcome will be accomplished, but I hope ATT and ATTUverse become aware and warn customers.

Message 2 of 3 (728 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Email requesting login info is NOT AT&T report to Abuse@att.com

Thanks everyone!  Phishing scams are not unique and why AT&T has the following information available to assist users...

What is Phishing and what can I do to protect myself?

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 3 of 3 (720 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.