Ask a question

Posted Dec 16, 2009
    11:43:53 PM
    View profile
    Email down?
    Has anyone else been having trouble with their email? I usually use webmail.att.net to check my email from my laptop. I also have it set up to POP on my Blackberry and in Outlook on my desktop PC. Around 1:30pm PST yesterday 12/15/2009 I stopped getting new messages in webmail. When I click on old messages in webmail it displays the last one in the box no matter which one I click. My Blackberry and Outlook are randomly receiving messages from a week ago, but no new messages. I tried calling AT&T about this, but dealing with their IVR is an exercise in futility. If I could actaully get through to a person that could find my account I'd probably cancel it at this point.

Email down?

4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 17, 2009 11:45:57 AM
    (0)
    AT&T Internet Expert

Hello Jennifer Goodie,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are unable to receive email on AT&T web mail and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If the mails are missing from your AT&T mail account inbox, which you access via att.yahoo.com/mail, one of the reason could be that the AT&T email account which you have configured on your Blackberry and in Outlook  and emails are downloaded in email program (Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, Mac Mail etc.. ). There is a feature available which allow users to access their emails in both Email Program and webmail.

If you do not have the feature "Leave a copy of message on the server" enabled, then the original email will be downloaded in the email client from web server, leaving your online inbox empty.

Please use the link mentioned below to correct the settings:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400750

If that does not resolve the issue, please feel free to contact eChat.
    If you are in AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI are, you may click on the link mentioned below to contact eChat:
    https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Re: Email down?

2 of 5 (943 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 17, 2009 4:08:15 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Hi, I appreciate you are trying to help, but what you are saying is not what my problem is. I have had my account set up for years and have made no changes to my configuration. This problem randomly appeared. Also, if I had my stuff set to remove messages from the server, which I do not, it still would not explain why my email clients are getting random messages from last week repeatedly. I tried using echat. One of the echat apps is stuck in a constant redirect loop, the other put me in contact with a CSR that couldn't find my account. I just tried calling tech support and spent 45 minutes going through IVR loops and getting bounced around to various departments only to have my call dropped by your system. I am seriously outraged and if I could get in contact with someone that had the ability to look up my account in their system I would probably actually just cancel my services. All of them. I don't need to pay for this frustration.

3 of 5 (943 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 18, 2009 7:48:25 AM
    (0)
    AT&T Internet Expert

Hello Jennifer Goodie,

Thank you for your response.

For being on the safer side, I would suggest you to cross check the settings on Outlook and Black Berry for 'leave a copy of message on the server', as most often this is the only reason of loosing the emails from the web mail.

If all the settings are correct on Outlook & Black Berry and still you are unable to receive emails, then this problem need to be handle by our second level of support.

In order to contact our second level of support please call our voice support at 1-877-722-3755, when IVR provide you the options to choose, select Technical helpdesk. We are open 24/7.

When you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.

4 of 5 (943 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 26, 2009 6:40:34 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Voice support 1-877-722-3755 (even this didn't solve my problem I had today, this is how you get in touch with them directly, via phone)

5 of 5 (943 Views)