Dsl frequent interuptions

Contributor

Dsl frequent interuptions

I'm puzzled and frustrated by my dsl service. I had att dsl for years on my home phone line, with a provided motorola modem and it virtually never went out. In December we discontinued our landline and switched to a dedicated, no voice dsl service with a 2wire modem/router.

Ever since our dsl goes out a few times a day, sometimes maybe a dozen, and always for about a minute. Only once have I restarted the modem--it always comes back in after a minute. We've lived with it, but it's pretty irritating. How do I investigate and correct this?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: Dsl frequent interuptions

So, I take it this is not the most expedient way to address my problem. 

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Get a different router. The 2Wire routers are notoriously bad. I'd go with Linksys (owned by Cisco). You don't need an AT&T branded router. We dumped our 2Wire for a Linksys several months ago, since we had such problems with the 2Wire dropping both DSL and wireless signal. Couldn't be happier!

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Frederic5 wrote:

I'm puzzled and frustrated by my dsl service. I had att dsl for years on my home phone line, with a provided motorola modem and it virtually never went out. In December we discontinued our landline and switched to a dedicated, no voice dsl service with a 2wire modem/router.

Ever since our dsl goes out a few times a day, sometimes maybe a dozen, and always for about a minute. Only once have I restarted the modem--it always comes back in after a minute. We've lived with it, but it's pretty irritating. How do I investigate and correct this?  Thanks.

Welcome Frederic5.  I'm sorry to hear about the random disconnects. The following information might help..

Internet connection help...

If the trouble continues, since this is account specific, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the appropriate group.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support