Do I need configure the modem in to bridge mode?

Contributor

Do I need configure the modem in to bridge mode?

Before I had:

Verizon DSL: Westell 6100 modem + ooma + Asus WL-520GU router + Samsung USB printer ML-2510 (connected to Asus router).  Internet wire, wireless, ooma phone, and usb printer all worked fine.

Now I have

AT&T DSL dry: 2WIRire 2071 modem +ooma + Asus WL520-GU router + Samsung USB printer ML-2510.  Internet and ooma  are fine but usb printer is not working.  If I connected printer to computer, it works, but not to router.

1).  I searched over the net.  Seemed I need to configure the modem to bridge mode ???  I yes, Can some one walk me step-by-step how to

OR,

2). Can re-use the Westell modem? If I can, do I need any configuration with modem, router?

Message 1 of 2 (4,052 Views)
Employee

Re: Do I need configure the modem in to bridge mode?

Hello hpdad,

I would like to inform you that to bridge a Westell F90 / 6100, ensure that it is directly connected to your computer via Ethernet cable and that your third party router is completely disconnected while performing the steps mentioned below.

1. Open a web browser.
  2. Type 192.1.68.1.254 in the address bar.
  3. Click the go button or press the enter key on the keyboard.
  4. Click the Advanced button.

There may be a prompt for a Modem Access Code. If so:

5. Locate the yellow sticker on the bottom of the Westell F90 / 6100 modem.

6. Type the code in the Modem Access Code field.
  7. Click the Continue button.

8. Click on the PPP Location button.
  9. Select the radio button next to PPP is on the computer, gateway, or router.

Click the Save Changes button.

Please, follow the steps mentioned above to bridge your Westell 6100 modem. However, to put your modem on bridge mode with Asus WL-520GU router, please contact AT&T  ConnecTech  department at 877-831-2880 Monday to Sunday between 9am to 12am ET. They will help you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (4,052 Views)