Posted Mar 18, 2012
6:45:43 PM
Discounts!
Edited by Taylarie on Mar 18, 2012 at 7:13:27 PM

I have ATT land line & DSL. Can i bundle these for a discount? What if i add Directv for billing purposes only?

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

I have ATT land line & DSL. Can i bundle these for a discount? What if i add Directv for billing purposes only?

Discounts!

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2012 7:24:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

thomasr1950 wrote:

You should not have to "bundle" your services. Does your phone and DSL not come on the same bill? Having more than one "Wireline" service should automatically give you a slight discount on both. If you are not recieving a discount call in and complain.

I don't understand your second question (for billing purposes only?). Do you not watch TV?

If your looking to switch your current TV provider over to DTV just to save some money on your phone and DSL, be forewarned, normally satellite TV normal incurs a pretty heavy up front equipment cost, and it would take a at least year of savings to make up for the equipment cost. As well, you normally have to go with a two year contract to get reasonable pricing from DTV, with a substantial Early Termination Fee if you decide you don't want it later, and even if you want to drop DTV on the off-chance that Uverse TV becomes available to you, AT&T will not help you with the ETF (even though they sold you the DTV).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

thomasr1950 wrote:

You should not have to "bundle" your services. Does your phone and DSL not come on the same bill? Having more than one "Wireline" service should automatically give you a slight discount on both. If you are not recieving a discount call in and complain.

I don't understand your second question (for billing purposes only?). Do you not watch TV?

If your looking to switch your current TV provider over to DTV just to save some money on your phone and DSL, be forewarned, normally satellite TV normal incurs a pretty heavy up front equipment cost, and it would take a at least year of savings to make up for the equipment cost. As well, you normally have to go with a two year contract to get reasonable pricing from DTV, with a substantial Early Termination Fee if you decide you don't want it later, and even if you want to drop DTV on the off-chance that Uverse TV becomes available to you, AT&T will not help you with the ETF (even though they sold you the DTV).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Discounts!

2 of 2 (470 Views)