Disconnected at same time everyday

Contributor

Disconnected at same time everyday

Hi, I have AT&T DSL internet and AT&T phone service and both disconnect at the same time every single day. Everyday between 12AM and 12:30AM my internet and phone service consistently disconnects and reconnects. For my phone when I pick it up there's nothing but silence or static, for my internet the DSL light on my modem turns red. Then it goes back on, then it goes back off, it goes back and forth for a while usually stopping at 12:30AM. This has been happening every single day for at least a month, and nothing has changed on my computer or network since then, any advice on what I could do?
Message 1 of 4 (1,202 Views)
Employee

Re: Disconnected at same time everyday

Hello tripph,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

Sporadic or intermittent loss of you connection to the Internet is often caused by electronic or physical interference. I would suggest to check your phone jack, that may be defective or damaged. Try connecting the modem to a different phone jack, if possible. If the hiss and background noise is gone, the initial phone jack is defective and should be replaced.

If the Phone jack is faulty, please contact Telco support at 800-288-2020 (they work Monday - Friday between 8am-7pm ET Saturday between 8am-5pm ET) for further assistance with the phone line.

If the issue persists and your Internet connection is coming and going at particular time period, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

Your issue would be best resolved if you work hand in hand with a AT&T eChat support and troubleshoot according to their recommendations. 
They will also perform a line test on your AT&T DSL line and if require they will scheduling a technician appointment. This will provide us with  better understanding of what is really going on as well as immediate solution to the problem. 

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (1,202 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same problem also!  Actually I have been having problems with AT&T services all around!  What is going on?  My internet connection never stays on!  I cant get good cell phone service either!  I cant even make a phone call or receive phone calls in my own home I have to hurry up and run outside to answer!  Glad we havent had an emergency!!!  Now the internet OMG so fed up!  I have been late on turning in papers for school, paying bills, and many other things because I cant connect to the internet or STAY CONNECTED and it happens at 7:30 every night until the next morning!!!!  

Message 3 of 4 (826 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. If you still have questions, please start a new thread. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 4 of 4 (817 Views)