Posted Feb 22, 2012
8:19:18 PM
View profile
DSL retrains ALL THE TIME.

What is up with this. AT&T has been fine for the 5 or so years we've had it. The Elite DSL package at 6 mbps downspeed, but this is just terrible. It seems like every 20 minutes the 2Wire 2701HG-B just stops connecting to the internet. I was hoping this problem would just fix itself within the week. Well now I think I've waited long enough (2 weeks), and I need to know what's going on. 

I'm pretty sure my noise margins and what not are fine.

Look at this.

That's almost 21 minutes of UNAVAILABLE internet. Seriously, why should I be paying for a service that I can't even use half the time without getting interrupted? I can't upload YouTube videos, I can't play games, I can't chat with my friends in a VOIP, I can HARDLY watch streaming video. This is terrible. It's happening WAY more than it should(if at all). I don't understand what is going on here, but I called AT&T last week, and the TS apparently ran tests on my router and it checked out fine. What am I supposed to do? Go on and keep getting dropped like a terrible phone service? 

It has legitly dropped ~5 times in the 10 minutes it took to write this. It seems like when I'm in a chat room on Xfire with my friends, I can't even last 5 seconds before getting disconnected. Closing that only helps the problem and prolongs the time before the disconnects. I hear Uverse is coming to my area too, but after searching the web I find out this happens with Uverse too. Time to switch ISPs?

DSL retrains ALL THE TIME.

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 8:56:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I don't think it's only you. I actually experienced this yesterday and I had 4 hours of internet downtime because the connecting and disconnecting of my broadband connection made it impossible to connect online. I'm actually here right now on the forums for the first time looking if anybody else is having the same problems 'cause it just happened again today for two and a half hours.

Re: DSL retrains ALL THE TIME.

2 of 7 (254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2012 6:15:02 AM
(0)

So yours has just recently been happening? Because I've had this problem for over 2 weeks now.

3 of 7 (231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2012 2:14:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah. I'm giving it 3 more days. If this persist, I'm switching ISP ASAP. This is absolutely ridiculous I don't know how you're dealing with it.

4 of 7 (215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2012 2:49:43 PM
(0)
I know right? Especially because I consider myself a "hardcore" gamer, I get DCed from games all the time (which can get me banned in some cases). I called ATT though, talked to the CS guy, ran his tests, everything's fine. Moved me up to tier 2 CS guys, ran his tests. Everything was fine. Scheduled an appointment for someone to come out. I come home from school, and on the answering machine is someone saying that they "retested" my lines and said they were fine, and I should call off the appointment. Strange, how my internet is suddenly working fine at the moment. Hopefully it IS actually working now.

5 of 7 (212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2012 2:58:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've been having the same problem for several days. If it keeps up, with no solution, I'll switch to cable. It's faster anyhow.

6 of 7 (195 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2012 3:23:26 PM
(0)

The problem isn't going to go away on its own, trust me. I thought that for 2 weeks. Anyhow, I had the guy come out here, and apparently it was my modem that was at fault. Replaced it with no charge and the internet should be fine now.

7 of 7 (190 Views)