Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 22, 2012
8:44:44 PM
View profile
DSL only line

Can I have a DSL only line? If so what is the price of that plan? Thanks to At&t's Microcell I do not need a home phone and would like to know if I could save money.

Can I have a DSL only line? If so what is the price of that plan? Thanks to At&t's Microcell I do not need a home phone and would like to know if I could save money.

DSL only line

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2012 8:20:26 AM
(0)
Tutor
Apparently you can. Dry loop they call it. But I am 7 weeks waiting for my service to be completed. I am considering satellite svc. Pay more but I wont have to suffer endless hold times pawn off to another dept wrong number closed for the day grumpy svc techs others that don't call back being blamed told it is fixed...just to do all the above over again ...explore your other options.
Apparently you can. Dry loop they call it. But I am 7 weeks waiting for my service to be completed. I am considering satellite svc. Pay more but I wont have to suffer endless hold times pawn off to another dept wrong number closed for the day grumpy svc techs others that don't call back being blamed told it is fixed...just to do all the above over again ...explore your other options.

Re: DSL only line

2 of 4 (2,034 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2012 8:59:37 PM
(0)
Expert

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

Tbustillos775 wrote:

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

Tbustillos775 wrote:

3 of 4 (2,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2012 11:49:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yes you can.  I cancelled my land line a year ago.  My "naked DSL" only line cost me $30 (flat, no tax) monthly.  It was for 12 months and your bill will increase.  A friend got a promo rate of $20.  You should push for the best intro rate.  At the end of 12 months, call the Retention Dept and see what they can offer.     

Yes you can.  I cancelled my land line a year ago.  My "naked DSL" only line cost me $30 (flat, no tax) monthly.  It was for 12 months and your bill will increase.  A friend got a promo rate of $20.  You should push for the best intro rate.  At the end of 12 months, call the Retention Dept and see what they can offer.     

4 of 4 (1,959 Views)