DSL down

Contributor

DSL down

Hi, My DSL stopped working last night. I have a westell wirespeed modem. I ran diagnostics and modem selftest passed, DSL passed, ATM failed. All the lights seem to work but the ethernet blinks occasionally. I also could not ping my internet service. Do I need a new modem? Mine was shipped from bellsouth before AT&T took over and I still use bellsouth software to connect.. Is the problem on my end or theirs? If it is my problem will they replace my DSL modem? I am on backup dialup with bellsouth software at the moment and it is slow but I connected nonetheless. Thanks
Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: DSL down

Lately our AT&T internet has dropped off around 7 pm.... kind of like increase use limiting our access. Any ideas? unclebuck
Message 2 of 3
Guru

Re: DSL down

hi gupto!

from your diagnostics, it looks like your modem is receiving a good dsl signal but is not able to authenticate to the att network. there could be a couple of possible reasons for this: ongoing network outage or bad dsl modem.

"If it is my problem will they replace my DSL modem?" --> i believe they can only replace the modem for free if it's still under the 1-year warranty. you could try asking their Sales if they can give you a new modem with a promo/discount, if not free, since you have been loyal to them.

i suggest that you call the techsupport first to diagnose if it's a network or a modem issue.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support