DSL connection lost when phone rings

Contributor

DSL connection lost when phone rings

I've got a 2-Wire router (model 2701hgb) with a D-link dir655 router hooked to it. Incoming phone calls kill connections, which return when the call is over. 

We've been using DSL for years and never had a problem like this. Our DSL/Phone filters are in place.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this.

Message 1 of 2
Community Manager

Re: DSL connection lost when phone rings

pierogo wrote:

I've got a 2-Wire router (model 2701hgb) with a D-link dir655 router hooked to it. Incoming phone calls kill connections, which return when the call is over. 

We've been using DSL for years and never had a problem like this. Our DSL/Phone filters are in place.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this.

Welcome pierogo. The details you provided suggest that a filter may not be in place or setup as recommended.

Troubleshooting your AT&T High Speed Internet connection

I would suggest checking your configuration using the steps for "Wired Connection" in the solution above.  If the trouble continues, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support