Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 23, 2012
2:07:42 PM
View profile
DSL connection lost when phone rings

I've got a 2-Wire router (model 2701hgb) with a D-link dir655 router hooked to it. Incoming phone calls kill connections, which return when the call is over. 

We've been using DSL for years and never had a problem like this. Our DSL/Phone filters are in place.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this.

I've got a 2-Wire router (model 2701hgb) with a D-link dir655 router hooked to it. Incoming phone calls kill connections, which return when the call is over. 

We've been using DSL for years and never had a problem like this. Our DSL/Phone filters are in place.

DSL connection lost when phone rings

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2012 1:20:44 PM
(0)
Community Manager

pierogo wrote:

Welcome pierogo. The details you provided suggest that a filter may not be in place or setup as recommended.

Troubleshooting your AT&T High Speed Internet connection

I would suggest checking your configuration using the steps for "Wired Connection" in the solution above.  If the trouble continues, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

pierogo wrote:

Welcome pierogo. The details you provided suggest that a filter may not be in place or setup as recommended.

Troubleshooting your AT&T High Speed Internet connection

I would suggest checking your configuration using the steps for "Wired Connection" in the solution above.  If the trouble continues, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: DSL connection lost when phone rings

2 of 2 (476 Views)