Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 16, 2012
9:32:34 AM
DSL availability Flip Flop - HELP !

So I ordered my ATT Phone/Direct TV service about 2 months ago.  As part of the package, I wanted to include DSL.  When I went to the web page, it said it was available.  I double checked by talking with an ATT sales rep via chat, yes it's available.  I put in the order and get a verification back stating that the Phone and Direct TV would be setup but DSL was NOT available at my address.  WHAT? So I call and verify Customer Service that it was.  Well, I have Phone/TV but no DSL.  I look again today and NOW it says that not only is DSL available, but U-Verse is as well.......

HELP !!!

Do I or do I not have DSL, U-Verse, High Speed Internet to my address?  Who's right and who's wrong? How can I find out for sure?

Thanks.

So I ordered my ATT Phone/Direct TV service about 2 months ago.  As part of the package, I wanted to include DSL.  When I went to the web page, it said it was available.  I double checked by talking with an ATT sales rep via chat, yes it's available.  I put in the order and get a verification back stating that the Phone and Direct TV would be setup but DSL was NOT available at my address.  WHAT? So I call and verify Customer Service that it was.  Well, I have Phone/TV but no DSL.  I look again today and NOW it says that not only is DSL available, but U-Verse is as well.......

HELP !!!

Do I or do I not have DSL, U-Verse, High Speed Internet to my address?  Who's right and who's wrong? How can I find out for sure?

Thanks.

DSL availability Flip Flop - HELP !

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2012 12:13:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

You are screwed just like the rest of us by AT&T's false advertising.

You have 30 days to cancel, which you should do.

You can get satellite cheaper from Dish, and DSL is available anywhere there are phone lines.

$40 will get you a magicJack at Radio Shack or Best Buy that is VOIP, with first year included and $20 per year thereafter.  Don't waste money on the phone service which is no better than magicJack.

You are screwed just like the rest of us by AT&T's false advertising.

You have 30 days to cancel, which you should do.

You can get satellite cheaper from Dish, and DSL is available anywhere there are phone lines.

$40 will get you a magicJack at Radio Shack or Best Buy that is VOIP, with first year included and $20 per year thereafter.  Don't waste money on the phone service which is no better than magicJack.

Re: DSL availability Flip Flop - HELP !

2 of 2 (314 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments