DSL and Uverse - want, not available

Highlighted

DSL and Uverse - want, not available

I am a loyal AT&T customer, have been for years. For almost ten years now, I've been using dialup internet (not AT&T). Five years ago I began looking for something better. Cable doesn't reach my house. We can't get most companies' wireless. Network USB things are out, as I am in a 2g network. I have been forced to use my cellular data plan as my only source of internet. I want either cable or DSL. I would consider Uverse. However, after calling AT&T once a week for a month, and calling sporadically for the past year, as well as using a friend's internet to check dsl in my area, neither is available for me. I'm really sick and tired of it. I live on a road that has 12 houses within a mile. Fairly heavy population for a rural area. I live closer than the, or so I've been told, 18,000 feet max from the phone hub (i live around a mile away). Everyone on my road wants DSL. Everyone has to settle for dialup. AT&T is making me mad because no matter how many times we all call, we get no satisfaction whatsoever. If an AT&T rep is reading, I will give you my address or number if it will let me gat internet.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: DSL and Uverse - want, not available

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing issue while upgrading the AT&T High Speed Internet connection, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

In order to upgrade for AT&T High Speed Internet, your location must meet certain conditions. DSL service must be available in your central office and you must be less than approximately three miles from your central office, or live in a neighborhood where a DSL Gateway has been installed.You must also have a telephone line qualified to carry the DSL signal. Approximately 60% - 65% of customers out of each central office will qualify for the service. Please, check the link mentioned below to see if AT&T High Speed Internet is available in your area.

If the services are available in your area, please, contact our order department, they would be able to help you to upgrade your AT&T High Speed Internet connection. For assistance with your query about upgrading the services, have help available at 1-800-288-2020 between 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday, they will do the needful for you accordingy.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Okay i read what you told Chrisphoenix7,

Okay i fall in to all those things you mentioned. I use to have DSL at my apartment i told them that i was moving back over to were i live now so they searched online found that services were available , but they wanted to check if my phone lines were ready for DSL and stuff like that. They checked them all and they were ready. Okay that being said still no service available here. I dont understand why not my cuzin lives in the middle of nowhere and they went out of there way to install them services for DSL and they are the only ones that have it. Okay sorry for that but im just frustrated i keep getting no where with either AT&T or Time Warner Cable. I do have one thing though, how will i go about getting the filters changed in our Central office. My cuzin talked to the same tech that helped get her, her dsl, and he found out the only thing stopping my neighborhood from getting dsl was that the central office was outdated. What could i do?

Message 3 of 7
Employee

Hello Nestoer,

In order to get more information about the same that you mentioned above in your post, I would suggest you to contact AT&T order department at 1-800-288-2020 Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm CT Saturday 8am to 5pm CT Sunday Closed. They will be able to answer your query about the same and help you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7

There is a road just north of us, about 4 miles away, and they have DSL access. As far as i know, our central office is around 20 miles away from them. The lines there are the same as the lines at my house. We meet all the criteria.

As I said, there are many people on our road who have no internet access worth talking about. DSL or uverse, both work. All of the people would be more than happy to get their internet through ATT. It's really becoming a desparate situation. Some of the neighbors have even told me that they will have to go to HughesNet for internet if ATT doesn't get on the ball.

If there is any way possible to make DSL or Uverse available in our area, please please please make it so. I can give our ATT phone number and our address if needed. This is really important. Please help!

P.S. I have looked there time and time again. That is how I know it's not available.

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

You say that you must be 3 miles away from a place where you can get DSL. DSL is available half a  mile from my house in BOTH directions, yet ATT says I cannot get DSL. Please enlighten me on why in the world I can't get DSL.

Message 6 of 7
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support