DSL Technical Issues

Contributor

DSL Technical Issues

I am completely stressed and out of answers or suggestions in what to do next.  Let me start by saying, I use my internet service daily as I depend on it to make a living.  I have been dealing with technical issues with my DSL service since April 26.  I have logged over 12 hours of my time spent on the phone with "Technical Support", taken off work four different times to meet someone at my home to work on the service, cancelled an out of town work trip to wait for a service person to show up on a Saturday since they could only give me the times from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (not to mention nobody ever showed up or called that day), continue to be billed for a service I am not receiving, and now I am receiving messages that the data usage on my cells phones/wireless bill is over the limit and I will be paying additional fees (since I cannot use Wi-If at home). I feel that your company does not care about my time or the hundreds of dollars I have lost by taking off work to meet your service people and not being able to use my internet.  I feel as though I am now working a part-time job trying to get ATT to fix my DSL service. I honestly believe it is time to switch companies.  I really need someone who cares from AT&T to contact me as I am at the end of my rope and really need someone to fix this problem...like yesterday. 

Message 1 of 3

Re: DSL Technical Issues

bucnsite wrote:

I am completely stressed and out of answers or suggestions in what to do next.  Let me start by saying, I use my internet service daily as I depend on it to make a living.  I have been dealing with technical issues with my DSL service since April 26.  I have logged over 12 hours of my time spent on the phone with "Technical Support", taken off work four different times to meet someone at my home to work on the service, cancelled an out of town work trip to wait for a service person to show up on a Saturday since they could only give me the times from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (not to mention nobody ever showed up or called that day), continue to be billed for a service I am not receiving, and now I am receiving messages that the data usage on my cells phones/wireless bill is over the limit and I will be paying additional fees (since I cannot use Wi-If at home). I feel that your company does not care about my time or the hundreds of dollars I have lost by taking off work to meet your service people and not being able to use my internet.  I feel as though I am now working a part-time job trying to get ATT to fix my DSL service. I honestly believe it is time to switch companies.  I really need someone who cares from AT&T to contact me as I am at the end of my rope and really need someone to fix this problem...like yesterday. 

I'm a little confused. You you depend on your internet to "make a living" but you have to come home from work to meet service persons. If in fact you require internet to make a living, you should have a business account because it has guaranteed uptime, not to mention it does state in the Terms Of Service for your residential account, that your internet account is not to be used for business purposes.

Personally, I would not be waiting around for 2 months, I'd be switching after at most three weeks of failure.

If you would still like to resolve this and stay with AT&T, I suggest you send a message to Alex and he will have someone contact you within a couple days to address your issues. You can view his reply by clicking the little blue envelope, upper right corner of this page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: DSL Technical Issues

Same problem here, intermittent connection for months, no help from ATT, every time they come to my house it'll be fixed for 2 hours and stop working again.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support