Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Oct 21, 2011
7:10:09 AM
View profile
DSL SERVICE PROBLEMS

Due to billing issues & months of calls to Customer NO Service, we decided to port our home phone number to another provider, planning to keep high speed DSL.  So......when the # ported, our DSL went with it as well.....no internet, thus no ability to run home phone on DSL.  Took ATT one week to reconnect using "psuedo" number for billing.  Since reconnecting on Wednesday, we've had sporadic down times on Thur & Fri.  Just returned from using an ATT Hot Spot to find service "working again".  Has anyone else had this type of experience??

Due to billing issues & months of calls to Customer NO Service, we decided to port our home phone number to another provider, planning to keep high speed DSL.  So......when the # ported, our DSL went with it as well.....no internet, thus no ability to run home phone on DSL.  Took ATT one week to reconnect using "psuedo" number for billing.  Since reconnecting on Wednesday, we've had sporadic down times on Thur & Fri.  Just returned from using an ATT Hot Spot to find service "working again".  Has anyone else had this type of experience??

DSL SERVICE PROBLEMS

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 7:58:42 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi hturnip,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.  I received your PM and replied.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi hturnip,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.  I received your PM and replied.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: DSL SERVICE PROBLEMS

2 of 4 (420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 7:24:55 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ShaunMN on Oct 24, 2011 at 8:20:59 AM

I understand your frustration but let me tell you, I have tried every service provider in the market and I haven't found a customer service like att. It's not perfect but I have realized that it is the best out there right now, so I would recommend you go back and let them have this issue fixed for you.

I understand your frustration but let me tell you, I have tried every service provider in the market and I haven't found a customer service like att. It's not perfect but I have realized that it is the best out there right now, so I would recommend you go back and let them have this issue fixed for you.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 2:27:41 PM
(0)
Employee

anytime you "port" your lineshared number to VoIP or another provider the DSL will be disconnected as it should be. Reason being is with no line to "share" anymore it technically doesn't exist. SO essentially you terminated your service. 

Now all you should have to do is re-order dry loop dsl service, and you will need to remove any filters you have on the phone lines internally as they won't be needed (no dial tone to filter). 

Now if you decide to connect your VoIP (alternate provider) phone service to the same internal wiring, then yes you will need the filters again. 

anytime you "port" your lineshared number to VoIP or another provider the DSL will be disconnected as it should be. Reason being is with no line to "share" anymore it technically doesn't exist. SO essentially you terminated your service. 

Now all you should have to do is re-order dry loop dsl service, and you will need to remove any filters you have on the phone lines internally as they won't be needed (no dial tone to filter). 

Now if you decide to connect your VoIP (alternate provider) phone service to the same internal wiring, then yes you will need the filters again. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (240 Views)