DSL/Phone outage -- going on four days now...

Tutor

DSL/Phone outage -- going on four days now...

On Saturday, June 9th, at around 5PM my DSL and home phone cut out. It was spotty for a while right before that. On Monday, June 11th, my wife called AT&T customer service (I was still at work) when it was still out. After being on hold for around 15 minutes a recording told her that the service in our area was out and would be restored around Tuesday at 7:03. Tuesday came and went -- there is still no service. When I tried calling the customer service I after this, I was on hold... and on hold... and no recorded message. I gave up and figured I'd wait. When I call my home from an outside line I get a busy signal. Is there any way I can check or verify when this is going to be repaired without having to call customer service and being kept on hold? (Also, my account is paid in full -- AT&T cashed my check well before the due date.) I'm in the Ocean Springs, MS area if that helps. Seriously -- if it's still out when I get home it'll be four days, with not so much as a sorry or an e-mail or any explanation as to what happened. (And I can find no news reports of a cable issue as there was a few days before when a fiber optic cable in Biloxi was cut and repaired). We do a lot of work for our jobs using the internet at home, our alarm monitoring is useless without the landline, and online bill pay has become something of a burden as a lot of due dates are coming up... all in all, it's been a real hassle and I'm very frustrated.
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: DSL/Phone outage -- going on four days now...

Seems like 80% of customers are experiencing the same outages. My internet doesn't even stay connected for over 10 minutes ever. Just bought Diablo 3 and new graphics card and can't even enjoy it Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support