Ask a question

Posted Nov 9, 2010
    9:39:53 PM
    DSL PRO SCAM

I have been fooled by ATT. Before signing up for DSL PRO for 14.95 a month I asked questions about early termination fees, contracts, price increases etc. The representatives said there were no contracts.  After 3 months I am still being charged the $35.00 a month with a promise that it will go down next month along with a reimbursment for the extra charges. 

Not too happy about having to wait another month I ask about cancelling only to find out that the representative had lied and signed me up for a one year contract.

I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I expect honesty and integrity from those I deal business with, but ATT does not fit that category.

DSL PRO SCAM

11 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (11)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 9, 2010 9:55:13 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Too add on to this, my brother and I got DSL at the same time.

His first bill was $14.95 a month and he can cancel anytime he wants.

How is it that one customer getting the same plan are given different rules by the representatives??

Re: DSL PRO SCAM

2 of 12 (3,555 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 10, 2010 10:01:42 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Edited by treeitis2000 on Nov 10, 2010 at 12:38:13 PM

I find it interesting that all the moderators do is move things around and tell us to call customer service. Why dont they actually give information or try to help disgruntled customers.

{Please keep it courteous}

[ Edited ]
    3 of 12 (3,499 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 10, 2010 12:03:22 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

yes, i am disgusted also.  i signed up for a special on line for 14.95 a month.  now i get my first bill and it's 29.95 a month.  according to a live chat person at at&t, that per the terms & conditions at at&t.com, it may take up to 3 bill cycles to show the promotional rate.  why should they hold my money and me have to wait to get credited by them because of some fine print??  if they weren't trying to dupe people, they would put those terms right out in the open, not try to hide them.  i had previously heard bad things about at&t customer service, and much to my dismay, i guess they're true.

4 of 12 (3,487 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 12, 2010 1:51:54 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I signed up for the 19.95 plan. I'm being charged $48 a month. The At&t representative on the phone told me that we are allowed to change your plan from month to month no matter what you initially signed up for. I can't even access my account on-line because of the special online registration code that is needed, so now they want to charge me an additional $5 to pay my bill. When I called and requested an online registration code, I was told to go back online and request it through the mail. I told the representative that I already had requested it a month ago. His reply, "well all I can tell you is to do it again". They have my social security number, but I am not allowed to access my own account online or recieve the access code through any other means besides the mail?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? I have learned my lesson after dealing with 2 out of 3 rude, unhelpful representatives that AT&T is someone that I do not and never will want to do business with again!

5 of 12 (3,422 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 12, 2010 10:10:28 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

this is their way of doing business. watch for extra charge to your bill also, it will happen.

6 of 12 (3,409 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 12, 2010 10:12:11 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

wish i had read all the trash talk about att before they ripped me off also, there doesn't seem to be anyway to get what i signed up for at the price they stated.

7 of 12 (3,408 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 13, 2010 7:54:50 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Edited by lstininger on Nov 13, 2010 at 9:25:50 AM

I am yet another person being scammed by AT&T $14.95/month DSL service.  I have not had a bill less than $52 since signing up for this service 4 months ago.  I have spent more in 4 months than I should have over the duration of the 1 year contract.  My hour long calls to customer service tell me that I received bad information from their sales agent.  Also, they tell me that it takes 2-3 months for the credits or rewards to show up on my bill.  It has been 4 months and I realize they will never show.  DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SCAM!!  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
    8 of 12 (3,387 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 13, 2011 3:24:01 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I'm in the midst of this, too. Despite being charged $19.95 "monthly charge" with the $100 modem charge, my first bill was for $42.95 plus a prorated part.

My first call confirmed what the people here are saying - you actually are expected to pay more for the first three months, then there is supposed to be a rebate. I certainly was not told that when I signed on.

But then good things happen - the guy went away, putting me on hold, and a while later another person came on the line. Had to explain it again, but he agreed and said that he had fixed my bill, and I should just pay $19.95. So I've done that, and I'll let you know if there is any more trouble, like telling me it's only a part payment. If I don't come back by the end of July say, you can assume it worked. So maybe the best thing would be to hang up if they tell you that you have to pay the larger amount, and call back hoping to get hold of my guy! He said the best contact number (this is for DSL only, don't know if it works for other plans) is 1-866-485-5238.

9 of 12 (1,863 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 18, 2011 10:27:36 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

In summary, AT&T DSL is a rip-off. I know this myself. I love how none of them have chimed in to give explanations...

10 of 12 (1,712 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 28, 2012 3:53:29 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    yes this is happening to me also. Before I moved I called customer service and asked if ATT's DSL was available in the Fort Walton Beach, FL area and was told no, this was in Sept 2011 and since it wasn't available I wouldn't be charged for the remainder of contract.... what I lie that was.

11 of 12 (1,090 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 28, 2012 4:41:32 PM
    (0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

12 of 12 (1,087 Views)