Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 29, 2010
2:40:49 PM
View profile
DSL Modem Runs Hot

I just hooked up my new DSL yesterday and I’m worried about the Motorola modem that AT&T sent me.  It seems to run REALLY hot.  So hot that I unplugged it last night after bringing down my computer.

Will it be ok to unplug the power to the modem each night?  I’m worried that if the modem stays that hot all of the time, it’s not going to last very long.

I just hooked up my new DSL yesterday and I’m worried about the Motorola modem that AT&T sent me.  It seems to run REALLY hot.  So hot that I unplugged it last night after bringing down my computer.

Will it be ok to unplug the power to the modem each night?  I’m worried that if the modem stays that hot all of the time, it’s not going to last very long.

DSL Modem Runs Hot

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 12:56:59 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello J4J,

Thank you for bringing this up and I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. As regards to your query, It's okay to turn your modem off (unplugging its power supply)each night or every after using it. Supposedly, the modem should not be that hot. It's suppose to be warm. It's possible that your modem is defective. I suggest you call our Technical Support Help Desk for further diagnosis. Also, if your modem is still under warranty, the mentioned help desk is authorized to replace it. You can call them at 888-321-2375 and they're available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to post your reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello J4J,

Thank you for bringing this up and I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. As regards to your query, It's okay to turn your modem off (unplugging its power supply)each night or every after using it. Supposedly, the modem should not be that hot. It's suppose to be warm. It's possible that your modem is defective. I suggest you call our Technical Support Help Desk for further diagnosis. Also, if your modem is still under warranty, the mentioned help desk is authorized to replace it. You can call them at 888-321-2375 and they're available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to post your reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: DSL Modem Runs Hot

2 of 4 (1,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2010 8:37:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Bro dont worry i run mine 24/7 and its hot as *bleep* and i have my AC running too so that cools it down just a bit its not going to blow up or anything

Bro dont worry i run mine 24/7 and its hot as *bleep* and i have my AC running too so that cools it down just a bit its not going to blow up or anything

Re: DSL Modem Runs Hot

3 of 4 (1,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 1:13:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

My original modem lasted about 3 mo.'s, relaced by AT&T Warranty, then lasted about 14 mo.'s.

I just bought a replacement, mod 2210-02-1022 from a electronics store, with a "extended warranty/exchange of 2 yrs.

All 3 of these modems have run HOT, not enough to burn, but very warm.

If this is truly normal, no wonder they last 14 mo.s max. with a 12 mo warranty.

Last time I unplugged the modem at nite, my phones lost connection.

My original modem lasted about 3 mo.'s, relaced by AT&T Warranty, then lasted about 14 mo.'s.

I just bought a replacement, mod 2210-02-1022 from a electronics store, with a "extended warranty/exchange of 2 yrs.

All 3 of these modems have run HOT, not enough to burn, but very warm.

If this is truly normal, no wonder they last 14 mo.s max. with a 12 mo warranty.

Last time I unplugged the modem at nite, my phones lost connection.

Re: DSL Motorola Modem Runs Hot

4 of 4 (1,758 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments