DSL Incorrectly Billed for over 4 years

Tutor

DSL Incorrectly Billed for over 4 years

Hopefully someone like David can get back to me with a response on what I need to do here.

on October 28, 2011 I had a technician at my house and was then informed that my service was setup at a rate of 1.5mbps, however I've been on Elite (3-6mbps) since I first came on to the service.

Therefore, this journey started last week (October 31, 2011) at 7:50am when I spoke to Latisha and was told that AT&T did owe me the difference but due to the amount it needed to go through her supervisor and I'd hear back in 3 business days.

Now a week later (Monday the 7th) I've called up again.

Now have been transferred from Melanie who's system went down and she couldn't give me a reference number to Akino who needed to transfer me to Tech Support Jay who said I was incorrectly transferred and directed me back to the standard number that I started the day with.  Now I'm speaking with Christina whom is indicating they do owe me a credit but they can't do so via check and she can't give me a reference number and her supervisor would call me back today.  Roughly AT&T owe's me between $500-$1K is my guess and if they simply credit my account, I won't  have to write a check for over a year.  Rediculous.

I'm on with the supervisor now (1 hour and 40 minutes in to this ordeal today), whose name I didn't get, kept me on hold for 25 minutes before I had to hang up.  Come on AT&T, almost 2 hours to not even remedy an easy issue!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 8 (1,050 Views)
Tutor

Re: DSL Incorrectly Billed for over 4 years

Day 2 of this, speaking with Diva whom is speaking with Tech Support as the Supervisor Richard whom I was told yesterday would call me within 24 hours has not.  Now on line for 7 minutes and counting.  Looking for a Director or above level of customer service like Marc Holliday used to be prior to departing the organization.  Can any assist with direct contact info. with a department head at the organization that can actually remedy something?

Message 2 of 8 (1,024 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Wow, just got off after 25 minutes with Diva whom now has spoken to Tech Support and they say I've had the correct service all along.  Seriously, if that was the case, then I wouldn't be calling.

She offered to transfer me to her manager and upon me asking for someone higher she let me know that I'd be able to leave a message for that person in their voicemail but at least I thought I'd have a name to go with whomever was going to NOT call me back this time.  Nope, it's a voicemail box that says it's being answered by the 'manager' and to leave a message.  Seriously AT&T, a voicemail box to send customers to road block them, fricking rediculous.

Now I'm once again searching for someone at the executive level to see this run around, I can't believe this is acceptable anywhere.

{content removed - language filter evasion}

Message 3 of 8 (1,021 Views)
Tutor

Located the email address for the CEO, so we'll see if he'll respond.

Ironically, in my position I attend a lot of conferences where AT&T is participating or presenting, so that may be my last resort for a resolution.
Message 4 of 8 (1,014 Views)
Tutor

I got a hold of some people in the presidents office which immediately remedied my situation and we came to a mutually agreeable solution.  Awesome folks when you get out of the customer service queue.

Message 5 of 8 (997 Views)
Teacher

I'm glad to hear you got a good solution from AT&T. Atlease someone did right? If I could, I would like to know how to get in hold of someone other then the customer service that can actually help. I am in a billing situation, and in process of involving with the bank to fix the problem, but if this does not work, I would need to contact someone other then the customer service. It would be awesome if you could consider to message me with contacts you have. Thanks!

Message 6 of 8 (979 Views)
Expert

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

amonchy wrote:

I'm glad to hear you got a good solution from AT&T. Atlease someone did right? If I could, I would like to know how to get in hold of someone other then the customer service that can actually help. I am in a billing situation, and in process of involving with the bank to fix the problem, but if this does not work, I would need to contact someone other then the customer service. It would be awesome if you could consider to message me with contacts you have. Thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (813 Views)
Tutor

You need to post that email address! Maybe if everybody that's posting complaints here can start complaining straight to the top, we'll see some changes from the top down.
Message 8 of 8 (741 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.