Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 19, 2011
8:12:05 PM
View profile
DSL,INTERNET ONLY, NO UVERSE..CONNECTION IS BAD
Edited by pamelaz on Feb 19, 2011 at 9:13:28 PM

Ok, first off I have spent counless hours dealing with the so called tech support(my 9 year old daughter has my knowledge than they). I WILL NOT spend another minute on the phone dealing with such {Please keep it courteous} people. I have been paying for 6.0 Megs download and the .65 upload but during peak hours Im getting this crap....

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1165394477.png[/IMG][/URL]

I guess they wont let you upload here

download speed 1.71Mb/s

Upload speed 0.65

And Im paying for 6.0

Tell me why Im giving this company my hard earned money for crap services? Well, if they dont resolve this issue with thousands of others, It counts as money lost. Ill be going elsewhere, better service and better customer service and better speed. AT&T better think about it, you ARE going to lose A LOT of cashflow(and a lot of loyal customers as well) for being greedy. Im going to cable, this company better hurry the heck up and fix everyones connection issues before they leave, as I am. Just plain pathetic for a billion dollar company to screw with the hard working Americans here.

Ok, first off I have spent counless hours dealing with the so called tech support(my 9 year old daughter has my knowledge than they). I WILL NOT spend another minute on the phone dealing with such {Please keep it courteous} people. I have been paying for 6.0 Megs download and the .65 upload but during peak hours Im getting this crap....

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1165394477.png[/IMG][/URL]

I guess they wont let you upload here

download speed 1.71Mb/s

Upload speed 0.65

And Im paying for 6.0

Tell me why Im giving this company my hard earned money for crap services? Well, if they dont resolve this issue with thousands of others, It counts as money lost. Ill be going elsewhere, better service and better customer service and better speed. AT&T better think about it, you ARE going to lose A LOT of cashflow(and a lot of loyal customers as well) for being greedy. Im going to cable, this company better hurry the heck up and fix everyones connection issues before they leave, as I am. Just plain pathetic for a billion dollar company to screw with the hard working Americans here.

DSL,INTERNET ONLY, NO UVERSE..CONNECTION IS BAD

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2011 8:02:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had the same exact problem. i had techs come over for a month before they hooked up a signal reader directly to the box and seen that the signal was bad, they put me on a new "underground" and "pair" it worked fine after that. request a tech checks that.

I had the same exact problem. i had techs come over for a month before they hooked up a signal reader directly to the box and seen that the signal was bad, they put me on a new "underground" and "pair" it worked fine after that. request a tech checks that.

Re: DSL,INTERNET ONLY, NO UVERSE..CONNECTION IS BAD

2 of 6 (2,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2011 3:11:52 PM
(0)
Professor

If you read around the forum you would notice a lot of people are having the exact same issue. I sure AT&T is aware of the problem, but they just don't want to spend the time and money to fix the problem.

One of benefit been a consumer is that we have choices, if you are not happy with AT&T and they are not making things right, then you have the choice to switch to a different provider if so you choose.

If you read around the forum you would notice a lot of people are having the exact same issue. I sure AT&T is aware of the problem, but they just don't want to spend the time and money to fix the problem.

One of benefit been a consumer is that we have choices, if you are not happy with AT&T and they are not making things right, then you have the choice to switch to a different provider if so you choose.

3 of 6 (2,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2011 5:01:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

i also have the same problem i have a upload speed of .61 Mbps if you want to see if they are riping you off go to http://www.speedtest.net/ to see your upload speed (and don't try calling customer service just the people that don't even care about there customers there just wan't are cash. I have complained and every time they shut the phone in my face) why the &%#@ will at&t sit around doing nothing eating, no updates on are DSL's i dont even think i will ever get another at&t item again after this bad service

i also have the same problem i have a upload speed of .61 Mbps if you want to see if they are riping you off go to http://www.speedtest.net/ to see your upload speed (and don't try calling customer service just the people that don't even care about there customers there just wan't are cash. I have complained and every time they shut the phone in my face) why the &%#@ will at&t sit around doing nothing eating, no updates on are DSL's i dont even think i will ever get another at&t item again after this bad service

4 of 6 (2,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2011 7:52:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by baskaran on Nov 13, 2011 at 8:07:38 AM

The upload speed of 0.61Mbps comes to about 624Kbps. AT&T promises 512Kbps for uploads. So the upload is better than what they promise. But getting download speeds of 1.7Mbps versus 6.0Mbps is not right. I am have that problem as well. AT&T tech is supposed to check the lines outside our home today. But, based on how many people have reported this problem, I suspect the problem is systemic and not with the line outside my house.

The upload speed of 0.61Mbps comes to about 624Kbps. AT&T promises 512Kbps for uploads. So the upload is better than what they promise. But getting download speeds of 1.7Mbps versus 6.0Mbps is not right. I am have that problem as well. AT&T tech is supposed to check the lines outside our home today. But, based on how many people have reported this problem, I suspect the problem is systemic and not with the line outside my house.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (2,049 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2011 8:21:31 AM
(0)
Master

baskaran wrote:

Theres no math involved, just move the decimal point. 0.61 Mbps = 610Kbps. Now if your talking KBps then it would be 76.25 KBps.

I believe the package is up to 6Mbps download and up to 768Kbps upload.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

baskaran wrote:

Theres no math involved, just move the decimal point. 0.61 Mbps = 610Kbps. Now if your talking KBps then it would be 76.25 KBps.

I believe the package is up to 6Mbps download and up to 768Kbps upload.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

6 of 6 (2,043 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments