DSL From 19.95-35.00! WHAT? =Created anti-att advocate...

Contributor

DSL From 19.95-35.00! WHAT? =Created anti-att advocate...

Im over it! DSL 19.95-35.00.  Same internet, same crashes. 3 different door solicitors for att.  Then a price hike with no explanation.  Kinda fishy to say the least.  This is not the first billing problem with att.  The website still offers this price for this service for 20$ but mine is 35??? I will be moving in 6 wks and the least i can do is cancel this service and be the best advocate to recover in principle.  I will do my best to recommend and stop anyone and everyone from using att (there is other options). 

Message 1 of 2 (763 Views)
Highlighted

Re: DSL From 19.95-35.00! WHAT? =Created anti-att advocate...

Benwartburg wrote:

Im over it! DSL 19.95-35.00.  Same internet, same crashes. 3 different door solicitors for att.  Then a price hike with no explanation.  Kinda fishy to say the least.  This is not the first billing problem with att.  The website still offers this price for this service for 20$ but mine is 35??? I will be moving in 6 wks and the least i can do is cancel this service and be the best advocate to recover in principle.  I will do my best to recommend and stop anyone and everyone from using att (there is other options). 

You don't mention what speed DSL you have, but it sounds like you were getting a promotional price and the promotional period has expired. Either that, or your speed has been upgraded without your knowledge.

Call the 2020 number during business hours, keep saying "none of those" to the robo-voice, and when you get a human, insist they transfer you to the Retention Department and they should be able to give you a new promotional price and maybe even credit you for the difference in you higher bills.

You say "price hike with no explanation", did you call in and ask for an explanation or just sit there fuming and planning your crusade.

Yes, there are other options...  sometimes. Quite often though, there aren't enough options and you will probably end up with comparable customer service from whatever provider you end up with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 2 (755 Views)