Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 17, 2010
9:05:38 PM
View profile
DSL Elite upgrade not going through!

I've talked to 3 different representatives at AT&T that say that I was going to receive the DSL Elite speed at 6mbps.  Ever since it's been turned on I've only been receiving the slowest speed at 1.5mbps.

The last rep I spoke to said that I was scheduled to receive my elite upgrade by 8pm today (Friday, 9/17/10).  It is now 9pm, and I just ran a speed test from speedtest.net and here are my stats:

Download 1.29 Mb/s

Upload .41 Mb/s

ping 23ms

I've just about had it with empty promises and unless this gets resolved soon, I plan on cancelling my service and going to Comcast.

Can someone please help me?  I just want the Elite speed I ordered to begin with.

By the way, this is DSL service WITHOUT home phone service.

I've talked to 3 different representatives at AT&T that say that I was going to receive the DSL Elite speed at 6mbps.  Ever since it's been turned on I've only been receiving the slowest speed at 1.5mbps.

The last rep I spoke to said that I was scheduled to receive my elite upgrade by 8pm today (Friday, 9/17/10).  It is now 9pm, and I just ran a speed test from speedtest.net and here are my stats:

Download 1.29 Mb/s

Upload .41 Mb/s

ping 23ms

I've just about had it with empty promises and unless this gets resolved soon, I plan on cancelling my service and going to Comcast.

Can someone please help me?  I just want the Elite speed I ordered to begin with.

By the way, this is DSL service WITHOUT home phone service.

DSL Elite upgrade not going through!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2010 6:06:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

ditto.

try power cycling the modem

ditto.

try power cycling the modem

Re: DSL Elite upgrade not going through!

2 of 3 (1,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2010 2:13:21 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 12, 2013 at 10:59:33 AM

Hello Sneezcore,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing slow speed issue with your AT&T Internet services  and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If you have recently upgraded the speed plan and if you think that the speed is still slow, I would suggest you to perform a power cycle.

Reboot by turning your computer and modem/router off and then back on again. Simply rebooting solves most connection problems.

However, as you already tried to isolate the router and checked the speed and find no change. Please try the steps mentioned below:

1. Check your web browser

Clear the cache (temporary Internet files) in your web browser.
          * Clear the cookies in your web browser.

2. Check your connection

Make sure DSL line filters have been installed for all devices using the phone line.
          * Measure your connection
speed at our speed test site Want more speed? Upgrade to a faster Internet connection package.

Additional Steps

If the above steps did not improve your connection speed, try these additional steps:

If still the issue persists, I would advise you to contact the AT&T eChat helpdesk by clicking on the link below.

DSL Support Chat

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello Sneezcore,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing slow speed issue with your AT&T Internet services  and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If you have recently upgraded the speed plan and if you think that the speed is still slow, I would suggest you to perform a power cycle.

Reboot by turning your computer and modem/router off and then back on again. Simply rebooting solves most connection problems.

However, as you already tried to isolate the router and checked the speed and find no change. Please try the steps mentioned below:

1. Check your web browser

Clear the cache (temporary Internet files) in your web browser.
          * Clear the cookies in your web browser.

2. Check your connection

Make sure DSL line filters have been installed for all devices using the phone line.
          * Measure your connection
speed at our speed test site Want more speed? Upgrade to a faster Internet connection package.

Additional Steps

If the above steps did not improve your connection speed, try these additional steps:

If still the issue persists, I would advise you to contact the AT&T eChat helpdesk by clicking on the link below.

DSL Support Chat

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: DSL Elite upgrade not going through!

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,116 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments