Helpful Links

DSL Connection issue ATM/PPOE

Contributor

DSL Connection issue ATM/PPOE

Two days ago DSL quit working between 9:30 PM and 10:30 PM after no issues for several years.  Configuration is a whole house DSL filter from leviton, already verified punch down of wires and different phone jacks, westell A90 Wirespeed (several years old).  After talking to support tried to get to second tier and bypass the unplug modem steps as it had already been done.  Switched modem to direct connection with ethernet prior to call with support, verified login settings, configuration was ppoe as well.  all lights are solid green failiure occurs during ppoe session waiting for pado response.  Rep said modem out of warranty and it is bad as line test did not work and call ends.   I buy new modem at ATT store knowing I can return it if needed.  it is netgear 7550 with wireless built in.  plug it in and it tries the default registration user name.  service light keeps blinking red.  I change username and password on device for the login to ppoe.  it returns with waitforpado error everytime.  at this point I've ruled out the modem, the wiring and jacks internally, issue appears to be a setting within bellsouth where it is either not recieving the request or not reply to the request. Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: DSL Connection issue ATM/PPOE

I also have a netgear router and you have to login to your netgear router and under the PPOE you need to put in your username at which is your At&t e-mail address and put in you password at which is not the password you use all the time it is the Internet password that they gave you during sign-up. I feel for you because I had to figure this out for myself because At&t would not help me because it was not one of there routers they said they did not know anything about netgear routers and I had to contact Netgear to help me at which they were no help either they did not have a customer support system. They just had Forums to look at. Like I said I feel for you and I hope this HELPS because you cannot get help through At&t or Netgear. The thing that made me mad was with At&t because all they had to do was tell me to use my At&t e-mail address and my Internet Password that they gave me but they wanted to CHARGE me alot of money with there TECHS to tell me I needed to use my e-mail address and Internet Password. I hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: DSL Connection issue ATM/PPOE

I also forgot to tell you that on your netgear router you have to use your mac addresses to your Bluray player or other electronics for them to work. In your router go to advanced and then to your LAN Settings and under your Address Reservation settings you have to put in your MAC Addresses to each Electronics you plan to use with your Router
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support