Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 1, 2012
12:02:44 PM
View profile
DSL Billing

I have been trying to find out for the past month why my bill has three different DSL charges for three different billing periods when I have auto pay and have not missed any payments. There are no explanations for the charges and I do not think it is right to have my bill go up 30 dollars more for months that have already been paid. I have had no luck getting a hold of anyone, when I call I sit on hold for 30 minutes to an hour, because I get bounced around because its no ones job to deal with it. I finally got a direct number with an extension to call and have to leave messages because no one answers. Bottom line my internet bill should not be as much as my last months phone bill, DSL, and long distance combined. I want it fixed. I want to cancel the auto pay so they can't take it but do not want to be shut off. I am sure there are people that just can afford to pay whatever ATT feel like charging but I am on a limited income and my internet is a luxury. Please some one help.

I have been trying to find out for the past month why my bill has three different DSL charges for three different billing periods when I have auto pay and have not missed any payments. There are no explanations for the charges and I do not think it is right to have my bill go up 30 dollars more for months that have already been paid. I have had no luck getting a hold of anyone, when I call I sit on hold for 30 minutes to an hour, because I get bounced around because its no ones job to deal with it. I finally got a direct number with an extension to call and have to leave messages because no one answers. Bottom line my internet bill should not be as much as my last months phone bill, DSL, and long distance combined. I want it fixed. I want to cancel the auto pay so they can't take it but do not want to be shut off. I am sure there are people that just can afford to pay whatever ATT feel like charging but I am on a limited income and my internet is a luxury. Please some one help.

DSL Billing

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2012 12:14:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do you have AT&T U-verse internet service or AT&T DSL internet service?

Did you make any recent changes to your service?

If you cannot not get things resolved, send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Do you have AT&T U-verse internet service or AT&T DSL internet service?

Did you make any recent changes to your service?

If you cannot not get things resolved, send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DSL Billing

2 of 4 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2012 12:17:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

They offered me U-verse but I could not get it here, but a mess was made of that as well, but there has not been any break in my DSL service.

They offered me U-verse but I could not get it here, but a mess was made of that as well, but there has not been any break in my DSL service.

3 of 4 (614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2012 2:50:15 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Thank you @texasguy37!

TammyLB wrote:

Welcome TammyLB and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the billing trouble. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can help.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Thank you @texasguy37!

TammyLB wrote:

Welcome TammyLB and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the billing trouble. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can help.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (582 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments