Helpful Links

DNS Lookup Failures for Random Images

Contributor

DNS Lookup Failures for Random Images

Hi, I just got ATT DSL in Saint Louis MO.

Unfortunately, I had two problems:

1) When it was 'activating' my account, it hung on the last page, giving me a white screen. But when I tried to load a web page, it actually loaded. So it seems that I am activated. And yet . . . 

2) Random images do not load correctly, giving me DNS Lookup Errors:

This webpage is not available

The server at view.atdmt.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

I would heartily appreciate your help.
I ran debugging on the router, and DNS performed fine. I tried using Google's Open DNS, and same problem. I'm not sure that I used Google's dns correctly, however. I also tried restarting the router. None of that worked.
Thanks,
Nate

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: DNS Lookup Failures for Random Images

I'm having the exact same problem.  Almost every page that loads, I get several random DNS failures, whether it be images or advertisements.  When I reload the page usually everything loads.

Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: DNS Lookup Failures for Random Images

Same here ... internet goes out every 15 minutes.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support