Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 7, 2011
8:14:18 AM
View profile
DNS Lookup Failures for Random Images

Hi, I just got ATT DSL in Saint Louis MO.

Unfortunately, I had two problems:

1) When it was 'activating' my account, it hung on the last page, giving me a white screen. But when I tried to load a web page, it actually loaded. So it seems that I am activated. And yet . . . 

2) Random images do not load correctly, giving me DNS Lookup Errors:

This webpage is not available

The server at view.atdmt.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

I would heartily appreciate your help.
I ran debugging on the router, and DNS performed fine. I tried using Google's Open DNS, and same problem. I'm not sure that I used Google's dns correctly, however. I also tried restarting the router. None of that worked.
Thanks,
Nate

Hi, I just got ATT DSL in Saint Louis MO.

Unfortunately, I had two problems:

1) When it was 'activating' my account, it hung on the last page, giving me a white screen. But when I tried to load a web page, it actually loaded. So it seems that I am activated. And yet . . . 

2) Random images do not load correctly, giving me DNS Lookup Errors:

This webpage is not available

The server at view.atdmt.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

I would heartily appreciate your help.
I ran debugging on the router, and DNS performed fine. I tried using Google's Open DNS, and same problem. I'm not sure that I used Google's dns correctly, however. I also tried restarting the router. None of that worked.
Thanks,
Nate

DNS Lookup Failures for Random Images

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 7:09:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem.  Almost every page that loads, I get several random DNS failures, whether it be images or advertisements.  When I reload the page usually everything loads.

I'm having the exact same problem.  Almost every page that loads, I get several random DNS failures, whether it be images or advertisements.  When I reload the page usually everything loads.

Re: DNS Lookup Failures for Random Images

2 of 3 (389 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 7:13:45 PM
(0)
Mentor
Same here ... internet goes out every 15 minutes.
Same here ... internet goes out every 15 minutes.

Re: DNS Lookup Failures for Random Images

3 of 3 (386 Views)