Contacts not auto-filling

Teacher

Contacts not auto-filling

Just got a new computer - this worked fine on the old one. When I type a name from my Contacts list, the email address is not auto-filling. This requires that I open Contacts, find the name, check the box, and so on. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 7
Contributor

Re: Contacts not auto-filling

It's not your computer, it's AT&T.  They need to fix it but not sure how to report it.

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Did anyone get a solution to this problem?  I've been trying to get my email auto-fill back for the past week.  An on-line chat agent told me to call Yahoo at 866-562-7219.  I called.  The message says there is no phone agent support but to send an email with my problem.  I did that and I'm now told it will be 24 hours before I get a response.  It seems to me that if At&T knew there was a problem they would let their agents and customer know about it. 

Did anyone ever find out how to report a problem?

Message 3 of 7

Having the same problem here as well.

Message 4 of 7
Teacher

I finally got my problem solved. I think this only works if you are having issues with Chrome - but here's what I did. Go to the tools menu for Chrome (wrench on right hand top) and click Options. Now click Under the Hood. Then click Content Settings under the Privacy heading. Then click Cookies and Site Data. All of your cookies will now be listed.  Scroll down that whole list and DELETE any cookie that has to do with AT&T Yahoo. Close the browser, reopen it, and your address book should be back. At least mine was.

Message 5 of 7

I'm having the same problem and cannot get ATT or Yahoo to tell me how to fix it. They keep bouncing me back and forth between the two of them.

Maybe they don't care and we need to find other browsers!

Also I don't have Chrome -What ever that is!

I only use ATT.

Message 6 of 7
Teacher

AT&T is not your browser. To get to AT&T, you have to go through some other portal - either Internet Explorer or Firefox or Google Chrome. In any of these browsers, it is possible to delete all your cookies, although instructions are different for each one. Try deleting all your cookies and see if that helps. The ones you need will re-populate over time.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support