Constant disconnecting (This is the third time I had to restart my DSL)

Constant disconnecting (This is the third time I had to restart my DSL)

I am very frustrated and disappointed in AT&T's wireless internet. Multiple times in the day, a minimum of 5 times, the internet disconnects. And just this pass 10 min, the internet was either on and off unable to connect or connecting with very slow speed. This is becoming a huge problem and this isn't the first time that has happened. I was expecting day by day for the internet to improve but no... it got worst. At mid night, when barely anyone is using the internet. It crashes. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? 

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Constant disconnecting (This is the third time I had to restart my DSL)

jackyjacky524 wrote:

I am very frustrated and disappointed in AT&T's wireless internet. Multiple times in the day, a minimum of 5 times, the internet disconnects. And just this pass 10 min, the internet was either on and off unable to connect or connecting with very slow speed. This is becoming a huge problem and this isn't the first time that has happened. I was expecting day by day for the internet to improve but no... it got worst. At mid night, when barely anyone is using the internet. It crashes. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? 

The possibilities are:

1.  Outside cable problem
  2.  In-house phone cable problem
  3.  DSL modem incompatible with ISP.
  4.  Router misconfigured.
  5.  Computer problem.
  6.  Others I have not listed?

Or just call AT&T if you don't want to do your own troubleshooting.

Do you have a wifi problem or a DSL problem?

Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Constant disconnecting (This is the third time I had to restart my DSL)

wut you expect.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Do you have questions about Internet and Email Security? Have them answered on Wednesday, April 26th at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Hack Attack!

Additional Support