Consolidating AT&T and Yahoo accounts

Highlighted

Consolidating AT&T and Yahoo accounts

After a long and arduous struggle, I got my primary Worldnet account and its sub accounts transferred to DSL. Once Worldnet swears that your accounts have been released, wait 24 hours from when they say they were moved and then go to http://www.att.net/attpby which should take you to https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do. If the accounts are ready to move, you should be able to migrate them to the promised land.

Question #1: When I first signed up for DSL I had to pick a new primary name/account as Worldnet still owned my old one. Now I have two primary DSL accounts: the new one and my old one with the sub accounts. Is there a way to merge these two primary accounts? My preferred solution would be to have the new one disappear but I could live with either one being a sub account of the other.

Question #2: Currently my home page is my.yahoo.com with a richly customized six page layout. It also has an associated e-mail address. Now I am forever logging in and out between my yahoo account (for the home pages) and my AT&T account (to preview e-mail for spam before downloading.) Is there a way to combine these accounts? Or does this go under "Be patient grasshopper, maybe we'll be able to do that in 2012."? I realize that I may be able to duplicate the yahoo home page on my AT&T home page, but have not checked to see if it will have all the flexibility and content available to choose from the yahoo site.

Message 1 of 2 (2,172 Views)
Employee

Re: Consolidating AT&T and Yahoo accounts

Hello Acarolinensis!

I am so glad that you were able to migrate all of your Worldnet e-mail accounts to AT&T powered by Yahoo! portal successfully.

Here are the answers to your questions...

Question #1: When I first signed up for DSL I had to pick a new primary name/account as Worldnet still owned my old one. Now I have two primary DSL accounts: the new one and my old one with the sub accounts. Is there a way to merge these two primary accounts? My preferred solution would be to have the new one disappear but I could live with either one being a sub account of the other.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to merge the two primary accounts or make your Worldnet e-mail account as a sub-account. What you can do is to forward all the incoming e-mail messages from your old Worldnet e-mail account to your new AT&T Yahoo! e-mail account.
Please follow the steps below on how to forward all the incoming messages from your old Worldnet e-mail account to your new AT&T Yahoo! e-mail account:
1. Login to your Worldnet e-mail account<www.att.net>.
2. Click on Options link located in the upper-right hand side portion of your e-mail page and select Mail Options.
3. Select Pop & Forwarding link inside the Options box.
4. Click on Set up or edit POP & Forwarding link.
5. Select Forwarding radio button.
6. Type the e-mail address that you would like to receive those messages. Then hit the Save button.

Question #2: Currently my home page is my.yahoo.com with a richly customized six page layout. It also has an associated e-mail address. Now I am forever logging in and out between my yahoo account (for the home pages) and my AT&T account (to preview e-mail for spam before downloading.) Is there a way to combine these accounts? Or does this go under "Be patient grasshopper, maybe we'll be able to do that in 2012."? I realize that I may be able to duplicate the yahoo home page on my AT&T home page, but have not checked to see if it will have all the flexibility and content available to choose from the yahoo site.
We will not be able to combine your two homepages; but you should be able to access all of your e-mail addresses (i.e Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) at the same time by just using one e-mail interface if you are using the AT&T Yahoo! web mail. Here are the steps on how to do it:

1. Login to your AT&T Yahoo! e-mail account that you would like to use to view all your e-mail messages at once.
    2. Click on Options link located in the upper-right hand side portion of your e-mail page and select Mail Options.
    3. Select Accounts link inside the Options box.
    4. Click on Add or edit an account link.
    5. Click on Add button. Follow the steps from 1 to 3, then click on Setup Mail Server button. Just make sure that you know the pop or the incoming mail server for the e-mail accounts that you would like to add.

Note: The incoming mail server for an AT&T Yahoo! e-mail address is pop.att.yahoo.com and the incoming port number is 995.

Regarding your homepage issue, you can just download a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera so that you will be able to access your Yahoo! and AT&T Yahoo! sites at the same time using separate browsers.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (2,172 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.