Internet Forums

Posted Apr 16, 2012
3:57:11 PM
View profile
Connection Keeps Dropping - 2WIRE 2701HG-B

I've read through a few posts that were a little similar but not the exact same problem as mine and couldn't come to a solution.

I've had ATT internet forever, and I've been having this problem for quite some time not but it hasn't been irritating me quite as much as it is now.

Every so often (couple hours?) my internet connection will just totally drop out. I'm never near my router when it happens (other room), so I don't know quite what the problem is. I'm begnining to think that it is the 2wire either resetting or dropping the connection (never had this issue when I used a modem/router seperately). But now it is starting to happen more frequently and I really would like to get the problem fixed.

I've called tech support numerous times, and they've done nothing except have somebody completely reset my router where I have to type in my PPP settings and everything again.

I was wondering if I'd get a little more help here.

I've read through a few posts that were a little similar but not the exact same problem as mine and couldn't come to a solution.

I've had ATT internet forever, and I've been having this problem for quite some time not but it hasn't been irritating me quite as much as it is now.

Every so often (couple hours?) my internet connection will just totally drop out. I'm never near my router when it happens (other room), so I don't know quite what the problem is. I'm begnining to think that it is the 2wire either resetting or dropping the connection (never had this issue when I used a modem/router seperately). But now it is starting to happen more frequently and I really would like to get the problem fixed.

I've called tech support numerous times, and they've done nothing except have somebody completely reset my router where I have to type in my PPP settings and everything again.

I was wondering if I'd get a little more help here.

Connection Keeps Dropping - 2WIRE 2701HG-B

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 3:59:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

EDIT: I guess it should be noted that I am using DSL and not broadband.

EDIT: I guess it should be noted that I am using DSL and not broadband.

Re: Connection Keeps Dropping - 2WIRE 2701HG-B

2 of 2 (1,841 Views)