Connect wireless laptop to printer on home network

Highlighted
Contributor

Connect wireless laptop to printer on home network

I have purchased a new laptop and I have connected it to my wireless home network. I am using McAfee Easy Network. I currently able to share files but am not able to share the printer. My wired desktop says that it is sharing the printer but when I try to view available printers on the wireless, there aren't any. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4 (4,402 Views)
Contributor

Re: Connect wireless laptop to printer on home network

To connect to your network printer you must: 1. make the printer shared ( you've done that already): you must name your computer or take a default name 2. add the printer to your notebook by pressing START, Control Panel, Printer and Faxes, Add Printer. It will prompt you for network or local printer, select the network printer, than either search for it or type in the name of the printer. Remember the name of the printer is not the type of printer but a name that you gave it when you shared it, or installed it. It may be (LPT1, PRINTER1, myPrinter, etc.) NOT: LEXMARK, HP, DELL This should be your fix under any Microsoft operating system. Good Luck!
Message 2 of 4 (4,402 Views)
Contributor

I have connected to the internet through dsl and want to connect wireless.  What is the procedure?

Message 3 of 4 (4,402 Views)
Employee

Hello grgarza,

In order to resolve the issue about the wireless connection that you are experiencing, I would suggest you to contact AT&T technical voice support at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7). They will help you to resolve this issue accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (4,402 Views)