Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 4, 2010
7:02:17 PM
Configuring my modem with a Linksys WRT54GL

Hello,

I just today set up my new DSL service and while I can connect to the internet just fine via LAN, I can't seem to get my wireless to work.  I can connect with the computer connected directly to the modem and directly to the Linksys router but if I try to use the wireless it doesn't work.  Any advice?  I've tried many "fix's" that I've read on the net including attempting to put the modem in bridge mode (which resulted in NO internet access) and also changing the router's IP to 192.168.2.1 instead of 192.168.1.1

I'm not sure of the modem's model number, it says "Westell, ADSL2+ Router, Style MSTATEA" on the bottom...

Hello,

I just today set up my new DSL service and while I can connect to the internet just fine via LAN, I can't seem to get my wireless to work.  I can connect with the computer connected directly to the modem and directly to the Linksys router but if I try to use the wireless it doesn't work.  Any advice?  I've tried many "fix's" that I've read on the net including attempting to put the modem in bridge mode (which resulted in NO internet access) and also changing the router's IP to 192.168.2.1 instead of 192.168.1.1

I'm not sure of the modem's model number, it says "Westell, ADSL2+ Router, Style MSTATEA" on the bottom...

Configuring my modem with a Linksys WRT54GL

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2010 8:59:24 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello bigbubbagumper6,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you had faced while trying to connect wirelesly using your Motorola modem and the Linksys router. Please do not place the modem in bridge mode as that has got nothing to do with enabling wireless connectivity for your router.

I suggest you to please contact AT&T ConnecTech Support at 877-831-2880 between Monday to Sunday 9am to 12am ET or the Linksys Support at 800-326-7114. They will make some changes on the router settings thereby enabling wireless capabilities of the router and help you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello bigbubbagumper6,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you had faced while trying to connect wirelesly using your Motorola modem and the Linksys router. Please do not place the modem in bridge mode as that has got nothing to do with enabling wireless connectivity for your router.

I suggest you to please contact AT&T ConnecTech Support at 877-831-2880 between Monday to Sunday 9am to 12am ET or the Linksys Support at 800-326-7114. They will make some changes on the router settings thereby enabling wireless capabilities of the router and help you accordingly.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Configuring my modem with a Linksys WRT54GL

2 of 6 (2,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2010 3:43:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well I just found out that it's only the laptop that's running Win 7 that can't connect. My other laptop which runs XP and my PS3 both connected wireless just fine...

Well I just found out that it's only the laptop that's running Win 7 that can't connect. My other laptop which runs XP and my PS3 both connected wireless just fine...

3 of 6 (2,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2010 3:46:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok scratch that, we had that laptop set up for a static IP at our last place and forgot to change the IP settings...solved :smileyhappy:

Ok scratch that, we had that laptop set up for a static IP at our last place and forgot to change the IP settings...solved :smileyhappy:

4 of 6 (2,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 5:30:37 PM
(0)
Coach

Tech support is not going to help you set up a third party router. I've tried. Fellow I talked to didn't give a crap whether I had wireless internet or not. Can't you explain to us here what needs to be done?

Tech support is not going to help you set up a third party router. I've tried. Fellow I talked to didn't give a crap whether I had wireless internet or not. Can't you explain to us here what needs to be done?

5 of 6 (2,166 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 6:12:43 PM
(0)
Coach

Bull.

Bull.