Helpful Links

Combined billing is not what it seems, I learned the extreme hard way!

Contributor

Combined billing is not what it seems, I learned the extreme hard way!

I have been with ATT for roughly nine years, and never had a major complaint.  In fact, they have been more than accommodating when an issue arises.  I moved into a new residence and signed up for their "combined billing" that combined my internet and wireless bill together.  When I eventually moved they canceled my combined billing because I wouldn't be needing internet at my new residence.  The operator told me that it would revert back to the old billing.  Months later without any warning I get a call from the collections agency saying that I was deficient for $154.  Shocked, I called ATT and they said that there was a balance but they told me when I canceled that they would bill on the wireless bill.  Apparently there are two sides to ATT and us as customers are suppose to know.  She again told me that they mailed out the statement that I never received and filled collections.  I signed up for paperless months prior so I expected it to show on my wireless account.  She then proceeded to tell me that they met their legal obligation by supposedly sending out a bill.  Instead of giving me a courtesy call they called collections instead.  I have always paid all my bills and my credit score reflects as such.  But I am trying to close on my new home and because of ATT and their so called customer service I am jumping through hurdles questioning if the bank is going to fund my mortgage.  Nine years and potential life time customer for a lazy collections department.  They have my phone number they are my wireless carrier, but I tell you not for long.  The bottom line if I had a clue that it was due I wouldn't of hesitated.  Who ever reads this go to a carrier with great customer service because ATT is not your pick.

DO NOT PICK ATT AS YOUR CARRIER THEY LACK CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HAVE COST ME A MAJOR STRUGGLE OVER PICKING UP THE PHONE FOR A COURTESY CALL.  DON'T LEARN THE HARD WAY.

The funny part is the same exact story of mine is posted within the forums from different customers that were fed up with ATT.

Message 1 of 2
Contributor

Re: Combined billing is not what it seems, I learned the extreme hard way!

Oh yeah and I will be canceling my service ASAP and never look back.  They are not the only ones with the IPhone

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support