Changing the password for Wi-Fi Access on my ATT Router

Changing the password for Wi-Fi Access on my ATT Router

I have a 2Wire router.  It came with a SSID and a wireless network key.  I want to change the wireless password but it keeps asking me for the current password to make any changes.  How do I obtain the current password for the router?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Employee

Re: Changing the password for Wi-Fi Access on my ATT Router

A WEP key is a Wireless Encryption Protocol security code (i.e., a string of letters and numbers) that is uniquely assigned to your home network. The default WEP key is a 10 digit number written on a white sticker at the bottom of the 2Wire router enclosed in brackets.
You may find 2Wire WEP on the bottom of the 2Wire base station near the bar code level mentioned within square brackets [ ] . The following link will have information on how to locate the WEP key.

For additional information, please refer to the web link

You can try the default WEP key. However, if that does not work, it seems that you have previously set up a wireless password. In order change to wireless password, we would request you to contact AT&T technical support at 1-877-722-3755. It is a toll free number, open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support