Ask a question

Posted Jan 26, 2012
2:24:50 PM
View profile
Changing ISP. Questions about email?

For the past ten years I have been a consistent AT&T customer for DSL, Home Phone, and Moble Phone services. Unfortunately AT&T has been constantly out in my area for more than a month and work needs have forced me to change to Comcast. My family and I run both are personal and business emails out of "@bellsouth.net" accounts (which work when logged in from "yahoo.com" and changing emails is not an option (at all). Ihave already signed up for Comcast, but as of today my AT&T service has not yet been canceled. The question is will we (with absolute certantiy) retain accsess to our "@bellsouth.net" email adresses even after we cancel AT&T ISP service (but not either phone)?

Changing ISP. Questions about email?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2012 8:56:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am interested in the answer to this question?  Did  you get it resolved?

Re: Changing ISP. Questions about email?

2 of 3 (490 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 9:37:23 AM
(0)
Teacher

Sorry Pal.... once you canceled your ATT account.  Your email with them will be gone too.

A trick one of my friend did, changed the service to a cheap dial up access.  Just to keep the email address.  Basically, he just 'rent' his original email account for like $10/month...  for like a few years before he officially closes it

Re: Changing ISP. Questions about email?

3 of 3 (477 Views)