Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 23, 2010
3:01:17 PM
View profile
Change the WEP key

if someone has known my 10-digit WEP key, how can I change it?

if someone has known my 10-digit WEP key, how can I change it?

Change the WEP key

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2010 8:40:53 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello lsy0901,

In order to provide the steps to change the wireless key of the modem/router that you are using, we need to find out which modem/router (2wire, Motorola, Speed Stream etc) you are using.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello lsy0901,

In order to provide the steps to change the wireless key of the modem/router that you are using, we need to find out which modem/router (2wire, Motorola, Speed Stream etc) you are using.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Change the WEP key

2 of 7 (17,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2010 9:20:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

my modem is 2wire.

my modem is 2wire.

3 of 7 (17,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2010 6:45:01 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello lsy0901,

In order to change the wireless key of your 2wire router, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Please open 2wire GUI page through 192.168.1.254
2. Click on the Home Network.
3. Click on the Wireless Settings.
4. Select the  "Use custom encryption key" under Wireless Security and enter your 10 digits number as per your need.
5. Click on Save at the bottom.

After trying all the steps mentioned above, if you experience any difficulty while creating new WEP (wireless key) key. Please contact AT&T technical voice help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and ask for tier 2 support. They will help you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Hello lsy0901,

In order to change the wireless key of your 2wire router, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Please open 2wire GUI page through 192.168.1.254
2. Click on the Home Network.
3. Click on the Wireless Settings.
4. Select the  "Use custom encryption key" under Wireless Security and enter your 10 digits number as per your need.
5. Click on Save at the bottom.

After trying all the steps mentioned above, if you experience any difficulty while creating new WEP (wireless key) key. Please contact AT&T technical voice help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and ask for tier 2 support. They will help you accordingly.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (17,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2010 6:38:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have done as your instruction, why other computers can enter my network without change the password?

I have done as your instruction, why other computers can enter my network without change the password?

5 of 7 (17,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 11:08:22 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello lsy0901,

It is not possible for anyone to access your wireless network, without knowing the Wireless key.

Hello lsy0901,

It is not possible for anyone to access your wireless network, without knowing the Wireless key.

6 of 7 (17,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2010 7:43:48 AM
(0)
Professor

lsy0901 wrote:

Yeah, if the other computers can still get in it means something didn't save right. Do they actually have access to the network, or does it just show connected?

Sometimes with WEP it will show connected, but if you actually try to use the internet or network resource it doesn't work because its not really connected properly. It also depends on which operating system your using.

lsy0901 wrote:

Yeah, if the other computers can still get in it means something didn't save right. Do they actually have access to the network, or does it just show connected?

Sometimes with WEP it will show connected, but if you actually try to use the internet or network resource it doesn't work because its not really connected properly. It also depends on which operating system your using.

7 of 7 (17,255 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments