Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Oct 6, 2009
2:17:39 PM
View profile
Change name visible to someone receiving my email
Currently it shows my husband's name when someone receives an email from me. I want to change it to either my name or a combination. How do I do that?!
Currently it shows my husband's name when someone receives an email from me. I want to change it to either my name or a combination. How do I do that?!

Change name visible to someone receiving my email

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2009 6:34:53 PM
(0)
Guru
hi bobandleaann!

if you are using the AT&T Yahoo! webmail, you may try these steps:

FOR CLASSIC MAIL VERSION:
click on 'Options' (upper-right corner) --> change the "From Name:" field which is under the GENERAL category --> click on SAVE CHANGES button above.

FOR NEW MAIL VERSION:
click on 'Options' (upper-right corner) --> MAIL OPTIONS --> click on 'Accounts' (left panel) --> click on 'Add or Edit an Account' link (another window will open) --> highlight the default email and click on 'Edit' button --> change the "From Name:" field and click the 'Save' button on the upper-left corner.

this will change your display name when you send out your emails.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
hi bobandleaann!

if you are using the AT&T Yahoo! webmail, you may try these steps:

FOR CLASSIC MAIL VERSION:
click on 'Options' (upper-right corner) --> change the "From Name:" field which is under the GENERAL category --> click on SAVE CHANGES button above.

FOR NEW MAIL VERSION:
click on 'Options' (upper-right corner) --> MAIL OPTIONS --> click on 'Accounts' (left panel) --> click on 'Add or Edit an Account' link (another window will open) --> highlight the default email and click on 'Edit' button --> change the "From Name:" field and click the 'Save' button on the upper-left corner.

this will change your display name when you send out your emails.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Re: Change name visible to someone receiving my email

2 of 2 (1,213 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments